dd-wrt question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by gui3, May 18, 2008.

1. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

in one part of the house, i have: [cable modem]---[router]---[xbox] and [PC]

in another part of the house, i have: [2nd modem]--[ddwrt router]--[xbox]

on the first network, the PC is hosting a lot of media.

i wanted to have the 2nd router set up as a bridge to the first network so it could access the media, but it failed repeatedly @ ICMP, so i put it on its own network with a different cable modem. it worked for accessing the internet when i tried it out on a different computer.

so, my question:

is there a way to configure DD-WRT so can i keep the 2nd wired setup as-is, but also have it connect wirelessly to the first network for the purposes of seeing the server?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

why wouldn't you merge them into two networks? You can technically do this but unless you want to switch to 1 modem then you're either gonna need to work with VLANs or static ips.

3. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

the real problem comes from the fact that i'm using an apple airport extreme for the network with the media, and i like it and don't want to switch. the official xbox wireless adapter apparently doesn't work with the airport.

so i tried to set up the dd-wrt router as a bridge to use it as a wireless adapter....and it got through most of the xbox live tests except for ICMP.

of course i would rather have one modem, one network.