day after heavy drinking

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by synthetic, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synthetic

synthetic New Member

any diet suggestions? i did a weak attempt at cardio, but damn i feel so fat now.

2. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

Save that shit for the weekend.

3. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

dont bother lifting the day after...drink a few gatorades, take in some fats and proteins..and stop being a moron

4. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

i always lift after a night of drinking, but i also never get hung over, and even if i have a mild hangover working out makes that shit go away real quick.

but diet, just eat lots of fats and proteins and drink alot of water.

5. synthetic

synthetic New Member

speaking of moron, i paid a shot girl 50$ to drink all her shots, i thought she was polish, find out she was irish, so yea i feel like a dumbass.

6. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

whats a shot girl? and why would you pay her 50 bucks either way? does she sleep with you if she doesn't finish them all? whats the deal.

7. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Just make sure you're hydrated before hitting the gym, your performance WILL suffer some but hell I did it all the time.

and haha you got played by a barmaid.

8. synthetic

synthetic New Member

i had my game all screwed up i was drunk damnit my friends didnt stop me grr wtf

9. jshively

jshively OT Supporter

I normally still try and get into the gym if it is nothing more than light cardio. Went to the other gym with a really small cardio room a night after ponying up and drinking Makers all night. When I left the room it smelled like a disterlly.

Skip the gatorade pound the Children's Pedalite way better.

10. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Mama always said you'd be the chosen one

Hell I gave up drinking (anything more than a glass of wine or a beer here and there) because it turned my workouts to shit. Seems to me there is no room for alcohol for brolys. Just my 0.02

11. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Me and Trance would like a word with you :p

But yeah it doesn't help matters.

12. synthetic

synthetic New Member

giving up drinking = giving up women unfortunately

13. jshively

jshively OT Supporter

You don't have to give up drinking entirely just be smart about it. If you go out and get drunk with your buddies there is nothing wrong with that you are cutting lose/having fun. Believe me in 10 years you will be more than that you spent those nights with your friends than missing a workout. I can recount every stupid drunken moment because the stories are priceless but a good or bad workout hell those are forgotten.

Now if it starts becoming out of control then yeah you definately need to take a step back but don't sweat cutting lose everynow and then.

14. jshively

jshively OT Supporter

On another note unless you plan on spending every moment with the chick drunk she is going to see you sober at some point. Quit using it as a crutch and find someone who will accept you for you and I will guarantee you she is not in a bar.

15. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

thats the truth for sure. alot of my greatest memories and when i was fecked up wooweeeee :hsd:

16. jshively

jshively OT Supporter

I use to work out with this guy who was so focused on getting big that he forgot about everything in his life. He did not drink and I respected that but he would not come out to dinner with the guys or friends because he was worried he would consume to many bad calories. His diet was so strict it was sickening like just straight chicken with nothing on it/brown rice/vegetable every meal pratically.

He started at 160 and his goal was 200. I started at about 140s and my goal was 200. I figured shoot up to 210 and then cut back down. I ended up beating him to 200 and I beat him 315 on bench. Heck I saw him day at the gym and he was bragging about how my life had gone to shit because I drank everynow and then and I was eating all this crap food. The fact of the matter is I have memories of hanging out with friends whom some I will never see again while all he can hold onto is his couch, TV, and a chicken breast.

Unless you are getting paid for it don't sweat it if you have chicken wings and fries with a regular coke for dinner every now and then.

Don't worry about if you miss a workout. Hell the only time you grow is when you are resting anyways.

If you forget to take creatine one day who cares. The sun will still rise the next day and if it doesn't then it did not matter.

So you only consumed 150 grams of protein Saturday it is not that big of deal. You will not shrivel up and die.

Last I heard the guy burnt himself out and just gorged himself stupid.

17. fusion210

fusion210 New Member

Don't shit on people because they have more willpower than you. :rofl:
    ANd if we all die anyway, what's the point to anything?
    Sounds like you need to put the blinders on and just be concerned with your own life. :mamoru:

18. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

Hellll yeah. I think the only reason people even have cheat days is to maintain sanity, has nothing to do with metabolism. I couldnt be happy being that hardcore, I have to have a social life and well, at my age, and in the town I live, social life = drinking 1 - 2 nights a week atleast, thats just how it is. My diet sucks some days and I miss workouts ocassionally but those are the days I say, man its nice to relax, not give a fuck and just let myself go.

19. jshively

jshively OT Supporter

It is not about willpower because if it was I would have won that one because he ended up burning himself out and I still going at it.

My point and maybe it came out way wrong was simply we obsess over every little detail and beat ourselves to death over it. Opposed to that it is a lesson and that is it.

So the guy went out and got drunk no biggie most of it do it from time to time and if boiled down simply to spending the time with friends and family or working out I would choose friends and family in a heartbeat.

Different priorties for different people.

20. deznutz

deznutz New Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: either you suck at talking or your ugly.

21. Drewski

Drewski New Member

quoted for truff

22. mitrong

mitrong so cute

drank two pitchers in 1 hour after not drinking for around a year and needless to say i am not going to the gym today

23. trancezj

trancezj New Member

LOL the gym is like super hangover cure for me. I used to lift drunk of hung over daily.

24. cucumber

cucumber resident fat guy

Can I get an amen? :o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.