Dating work friends - worth the risk?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Cruise, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Cruise

Cruise New Member

I'm really tempted to ask out this new girl at work. But theres a part of me holding me back cos if nothing works out we still have to face each other every day which will make things 'complicated' :rolleyes:

So what do you think, is dating a work colleague worth the risk or not?

2. Jajibaji

Jajibaji Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

It depends if this is a job you're going to keep or not. For instance, if you were working at a telemarketing office, where the turnover is outrageous, then by all means, ask her out, but if you're working at your chosen profession, then I would advise not to. If things work out, you'll probably want to have one of you change work places, and if it doesn't, its shit in the office.

"Don't dip your pen in the company ink"

3. Muricane

Muricane Active Member

An extension to the last post:

If you have any sort of authority over her, it's a HUGE :nono:

4. Nsx9red

Nsx9red New Member

I work with my GF and I am her boss.. It's really no big deal to me, but we were friends for 5 years before this and worked together before, if it wasn't for that I would say it's a bad idea

5. orie

orie social assassin

I've been going out with my GF/coworker for 10months now :)

6. Killa B

Killa B Abuse This!

I think it depends a lot on the type of job you do? If it's a job where your going to have to interact with her a lot, I would say no. But if you both work at the same building and don't see eachother that much, go for it

7. Penny1484

Penny1484 cute but kind of evil

:werd:

8. djshooter22

djshooter22 Guest

It also depends on the type of people you both are. If you are both mature enough to still do your jobs without any interference from the relationship and be able to do your jobs if it does not work out. From personal experience I dated a coworker and when it ended she tried to cause problems at work. Since my bosses had no reason to fire her, she was a good worker when she was working, they had her switched to a different store. So I would be very careful because I know people that have lost their jobs due to coworker relationships gone bad.

9. 2LD

2LD New Member

If shes fine, you better strike, cause im sure theres another stud like you checking her out as well. Like they said, its a gamble, it could be jacked up or you could find your wife - you gotta try though. Just make a simple date, you know like the kind of stuff cowerks do - go for coffee, or to restaurant, bar, whatever and get a feel if shes psycho or got potential. That way if you dont click, it was no big deal. Good luck player but dont wait too long, you might get sloppy seconds