Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Tony Stark, Jul 21, 2008.
any woman who follows this BS deserves to die alone
So...this is crap you see in a magazine...it's not actual advice, it's just there to get women to buy the magazine.
So why did you post this rubbish in a serious forum?
Come on man, it's not even to the point of "any woman who follows these rules deserves to be alone"..it's "any women who thinks they will find realistic dating advice in a off the checkout aisle shelf is deluded".
That being said...this is the type of shit young girls have been flooded with for DECADES. Must be confusing as hell, since half the rules are about having power over the man, and half are about being superficial, subservient, just out to please men, thus taking away power from women.
IMO, this is absolute filth. I clarified the inconsistencies...one rule says "do this", 3 other rules imply "do not do this".
Edit: Hell with it, it's pretty much one giant load of inconsistent BS
laughable at best.
I just threw up in my mouth.
the sad thing is, most women who read these or buy those magazines fall into this shit
As a devote cosmo reader, I can say that I'm 99% sure this didn't come from cosmo.
because it's funny
I got a good chuckle out of it at work
just like most guys who let the phone ring so they appear busy.
I followed nearly all of these rules and it helped me find a man who will take care of me (at the level I deserve) for the rest of my life. You guys obviously just don't know how to apply these appropriately.
That's not how you found me.
I literally stopped reading after the first point
no, but it's how I'll really sink the hook in 2 years when you come calling.
You should read it,
"but women don't play games"
"women don't use tactics"
face the facts, fellas
the majority of women don't need to read this list or be told these things
they learn all of this as part of their social conditioning growing up
by the time they are adults with relationship and dating experience, all of this is second nature. and now all the women will argue with me on this and prove that its true
its comes back to my assertion that "women play games by default"
guys - it's easy for you to think back on your experiences and observe what is going on around you and come to the realization that the MAJORITY OF WOMEN use the MAJORITY OF THESE LISTED TECHNIQUES
and don't forget my standard disclaimer: "there are always exceptions to everything"
Can someone define "vampish" please?
I was gonna post the same thing, but you're one speedy amigo.
There is a lot of BS there but I do agree with these ones
• Always look great, whatever your income. Gorgeous hair and some lipstick and wearing rags will still turn his head. You have the advantage, you are the woman. Look your best as you could meet a potential Mr. Right anywhere at any time.
• Never reveal information you don't have to. An enigmatic woman drives men wild.
• Try and stay in shape and involve some fitness regime at a gym. However much you hate it, your Mr. Right loves your body as much as your mind.
• Ensure you are a good kisser. Men will walk away if you cannot kiss. Practise on a mirror if you have to.
• Never ever talk about previous boyfriends and particularly their prowess in the bedroom. The number of ex boyfriends is your business only.
• Never pre suppose anything about your date until you choose to know him better. You cannot always tell by looking
• If his shoes or hygiene are a disgrace dump him (not the shoes but definitely the hygiene)
• Never talk too much about your father and how your date measures up in comparison.
• Never ever come across as too available or too desperate, he will run a mile. He is the one doing the chasing remember.
• If the guy in the corner is gorgeous go and get him and create the need in him for you. Never wait for men to come to you because you may watch him leave with someone else.
• You may well have all the bodily functions of a man, just try not to demonstrate them early on.
• If you are wanting a child, don't mention it on the first few dates.
Basically, it's a load of crap.
But it is essentially the same load of crap/same premise as all the male band wagon riders slavishly follow.
And the same gullible people from both sexes fall for it hook line and sinker
what are they "falling for"?
who benefits as a result of them being duped?
I know you aren't dumb, I don't get how you can ask quesitons like this sometimes though.
-Third world economies
-Pharmaceutical companies-This is a big one, something like 90% of money invested into drug research is put towards erectile dysfunction and Male Pattern Baldness, making mens hair grow and dick stand is one of the biggest businesses there. The ED is understandable, but the same forces that write this stuff convince men they need hair into their 90s to be attractive.
and so on for a very, very long time. This is business, this is a deliberate attempt to sell things.
Pick up a mens health and you'll see the same stuff. There is a huge amount of money to be made in convincing people they aren't good enough. Virtually anything that makes money outside of staple food does so in part by selling an attractive lifestlye
The spectator buyer is meant to envy herself as she will become if she buys the product. She is meant to imagine herself transformed by the product into an object of envy for others, an envy that will then justify her loving herself. The publicity image steals her love of herself as she is, and offers it back to her for the price of the product.
-John Berger: Ways of Seeing