Dating in your late 20s

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by -=Likwid=-, May 15, 2008.

1. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

After a bunch of random encounters, I've come to the realization that I haven't really dated before, and I'm 27. I guess the point of this thread is to gather ideas on meeting new women; my game is more or less non-existent.

I've got a personality, I'm friendly, and well spoken. I hold a decent job, am in shape, and have hobbies of my own. Thing is, meeting single women doesn't seem to happen often with the hobbies and activities I enjoy most. My friends are married, or are hermits/non-active people. I'm a non-practicing Catholic, so I don't go to church. I hear about grocery stores, but I haven't seen a single woman or situation that's been remotely approachable.

Thoughts?

2. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

There was a pretty good topic on this in the not too distant past. Go back a few pages and you should find it. I was quite a few pages.

3. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

i did a search...

4. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

pick up hobbies
    go to places where you will have the same interest in the women there
    just chit chat to everyone.

5. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Fuck I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 27, and haven't dated since high school. My game is also more or less non-existent, and I am successful for my age with my own interests. And it isn't like I haven't tried. I have tried asking many girls out on a date. But I have always been shut down.

The problem is I have a hard time treating women like shit... which seems to be the only way to attract them.

All my friends are married having kids or hermits... so going out with them to pick up chicks or having them introduce me to women is not an option.

Women don't like being alone, so finding an attractive successful woman that is single is like finding a needle in a haystack. Most women just have a fuck buddy around that they call their boyfriends because they don't want to seem too available. And many are unhappy in thier relationships but they are waiting for something better to come along.

The code of ethics I adopted is if they are married then they are off limits... but if they have a boyfriend and unmarried then they are fair game. I've got no problem with stealing a good woman from a guy that she is unhappy with or treats her badly.

Finally, to finish off my long ass post. Don't go into it thinking you are 'dating'. The dating will come with time, but from my experience trying to ask a girl out on a date too soon will kill anything between the 2 of you. I think women are intimidated by dating. They want options, and if they should fall for the guy let them make the decision that you are in an exclusive relationship and are boyfriend and girlfriend.

I really can't offer you life changing advice because I am struggling with relationships with women at this point in my life. Like I said before I am 27, have a successful career, my own hobbies and interests, and I plan on buying a house and a motorcycle within the next year, yet I have no women that want to hang out with me as a friend let alone as a little action on the side. And it's not that I'm ugly or fat... I am in shape and many times I have been called cute. But there is something else that I haven't gotten a handle on yet that causes me to fail when it comes to relationships with women.

Good luck finding more ideas.

6. Victoriono

Victoriono New Member

Get new hobbies.

Get new friends that aren't married or hermits.

7. NCS

NCS Active Member

this is why i learned pick up. there is no reason to have to have an excuse / situation to go talk to a woman. if i like what i see, i have the ability to go for it, even if she's just walking down the street.

8. guchiew

guchiew Increase your killing power.

9. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

I've often been called cute too, and I am in no way ugly, but I am in your same case.
    It seems like most of them have bfs, and even though I've gotten numbers, they still cling to them (but I've gone out with them).

I am not a player at all, but I have my game, but still doesn't seem to be enough.

It's that "thing" I lack too.

10. PureEnergy

PureEnergy New Member

What happens if they dont pay any attention? Or if they stop and talk for a little bit, but when you ask for a email or # they'll give an excuse to not give it to you? And yes I have not gotten one contact info from trying to meet women on the streets.

11. 2angelmd

2angelmd New Member

Make part of your life purely social. Bars, clubs and parties -one night a week, one night every two weeks. You'll meet plenty of women of which you can weed out the ones that will and won't work with your core life style.

Or just grow some balls and talk to attractive women whenever you see them.

12. kendoggydog28

kendoggydog28 New Member

I have a feeling you actually haven't tried that hard. Like someone said earlier, if a big problem is your friends are not social, then starting by making new friends. You don't have to ditch your old ones, but start hanging out with other people. Go from there.

13. Bob Brown

you don't even have to keep going to bars and clubs if thats not your thing. The main idea is to go to where you KNOW you will find women or just people in general that you will at least have something in common with.

Then just proceed from there. Be social. go talk to anyone or even everyone if you like.

14. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

David DeAngelo's ebook Double Your Dating is excellent and I highly recommend it.

15. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

When is Vag NYC meet '08 happening because we need to get these pllayyyyyboys out in action.

16. Bob Brown

:rofl: that would be a meat to video.

17. fray

fray New Member

18. Rellik

Rellik New Member

i thought pickup would fix me, but it failed me and i never got any results. now im more depressed than before and every couple i see is a reminder that i managed to get completely fucked out of what should be the most natural thing in the world.

19. Helios

Helios New Member

I could never understand where this idea comes from, but I do notice it almost only comes from the guys who don't have a whole lot of experience.

No women don't want a guy who will treat them like shit:)ugh:). What they want are men who are confident, independent, and demonstrate that they don't need her approval for things. ie the total opposite of the "nice guy" who's weak, dependant on the chick emotionally, and requires validation or support for taking a shit.

20. owenstar

owenstar New Member

I am 28 gonna be 29 soon.....

NETWORKING IS YOUR BEST FRIEND!!!

My friends I grew up with and love like brothers are all married...kids..the nine....So what did I do? Plenty! Take those guys out when I can (once a month) I got to hang out in a different crowd with different women then I do the rest of the month...I also chat up their wives...they work with/are related to/know someone who is single...boom foot in the door, and you score points with the wives on multiple levels...One you have challanged them to find you a woman, totally motivating, and it makes them feel accepted to the boys crew....I have actually bonded with most of them better than ever as now they need to fix their buddies best pal...love it

I also got a new set of friends to explore real life with....You can do what works best...They are single and down to go out all the time....They also know single girls....So you hit bars and house parties or whatever the fuck you wanna do....I hit on girls to slide to my buddies that I have no interest in...but they bring around more women...so on and so on...

Work the internet...I dont know how sucessfull that shit really is as its been mostly miss for me, but I dont spend near enough time doing it....but I aint gonna close any doors...

Shit go to the mall and buy some new clothes...take your time...wander around and talk to all the women working there....I get looks all the time...I fuckin used to hate the mall...but its a great place to test your game and to get new kicks...hahaha

Just keep networking and dont fall outta contact with anyone....date women who are cute but arent the one....it keeps your confidence up as you know you can always call Jenny up if things go south on another road....I date a bunch of women.....but I like having options....I have also learned more about what I want and dont....I also know I have a date any night of the week and dont need bullshit from bitchy women....I have met a shit ton of cool chicks in the last 10 months or so that I have been single...its been a blast...I havent had this much fun in years....

Enjoy being single!