SRS Dating in the workplace

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Guz200sx, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

So I've had a crush on my co-worker for a while. I've known her for maybe 3 or 4 years now. I've worked longer than her at the school we work at. And I actually had her younger sister as a student in my KinderGarten class a couple of yrs ago. So I kind of know her family. Her mom is pretty nice. Anyway...
    We work in a school, and this year we are in the same class together but sometimes our class splits up and she goes with one group of kids and I go with another. So We work together pretty closely.

A while back, I used to give her a ride into work. She used to ask me out and go do stuff but it was mostly to a bar and/or a club. I don't like to go clubbing and bars are alright but not really my thing either. During that time, I think I asked her once to a movie and she basically told me she had something else going on so that was squashed. After that I don't think I ever attempted again to ask her.

Once we started the new school year though, I've gone out once or twice with her to a bar with some of her friends. She drank some hardcore liquor while I just had two beers and already had a buzz going on. And after that, She's asked me out...once or twice to her place for drinks with friends but again...I'm not a hardcore drinker like them. I usually feel out of place when people start doing that. And I really feel out of place when I don't know anyone but ONE person at a place. She didn't ask me again after I commented one of those times that she's always partying. I went with her to lunch once too...but nothing special went down.

She's also younger than me, I'm 28 and she's 22 and I think she might be in that stage of just partying and getting wasted and I was never in that stage. I saw no reason to get drunk when I was younger (and still don't).
    I've never gotten drunk, just had a strong buzz from beers and what not.

My feelings kind of swayed with her through the years and its been on and off. But this week, the old feelings are coming back on. Maybe cause another co-worker of ours left and moved away...but I've felt that old feeling stirring again. I won't lie, I'm very attracted to her physically. Nice body, Kind of thick in the middle but the good thick. I think she is smart and strong headed also. She is energetic and outgoing. And not bad looking either...but did I already say that? :)

Is dating in the workplace bad? Especially, when the two people work so closely together?

How would I go about this? I know...the most obvious answer is to ask her out again?

Tonight, I felt like asking her to the movies but then we got to talking about stuff and the football game on Saturday and she told me was broke and she asked me what I was doing during the game and I told her nothing prolly MAYBE I would go over to my friends house to watch it but I wasn't sure and I would prolly end up just staying home and watching it and she said she might do the same cause she was broke too

2. pashy

pashy New Member

i dont see why not. plenty of people would suggest not mixing work and pleasure but i know of a lot of people who have had successful workplace relationships, which even led to marriage and kids.

as long as you know where to draw the line between what is appropriate in your workplace, you should be fine.

sometimes it's others reactions to your relationship that end up being the distraction at work, so discretion is always a good idea.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its a double edged sword decision, if she says no , you constantly have to work with someone who rejected you :hsd: , on the other hand if she says yes you two can have a great time. So if you DO ask her out, you have to be prepared for such a possibility. Not that you go :hs: everytime you see her if she possibily rejects you. You have been warned.

4. Guz200sx

IF she said YES, I think I could keep the both separate, I don't think that would be a problem. I don't think she would say NO right out to going out somewhere...I can see her giving me an excuse or something else along those lines which SOMETIMES is also meant as no but I think she has lot of friends and she likes to spend them time with them SO I don't know.......I was thinking this morning I might have to go slow with her like ask her one day next week if I can call her to just talk...I might do this next week and see how it goes.

5. B_RowL

B_RowL OT Supporter

:werd: If your willing then by all means go for it. Just remember though, from my experience if it dosen't work out or it does and then you two end up on bad terms, then their is a constant reminder of it by working with the person. This constant reminder makes it even harder to get over someone. :squint:

6. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

It doesn't even have to be a breakup situation....

While your relationship together outside of work is likely to be a equitable situation, your professional relationship does not have that same requirement.

Say one day she has to give you a bunch of trouble kids for your group, or the principal puts you on the shit list and promotes her. Say you're in the position suddenly where you have to give her a bunch of instructions she has to follow. Or perhaps her school group regularly disrupts yours. One day she's asked to do a peer review and she mentions a few low scores on your performance.

There's any number of situations where, if you're not very clear with each other, the professional relationship at work begins to slowly gnaw at your personal one.

I've never dated anyone at work, but in my past business, I had been put in the position of hiring or working directly with a few best friends of mine. We had to talk all this shit out because if you're not willing to take bullshit from them at work without interfering with your personal relationship, then you better not get into it in the first place.

7. Guz200sx

:werd: I get what your saying....cause she is a bit stubborn also...I'm also a bit stubborn and sometimes it gets hectic at work, so I could see her saying something that wouldn't sit right with me....I'd just have to think about it and see if asking her is actually a good move.

BUT one thing....what do I do with these feelings that I have about her???
    I can't just bury them cause I have before and now again they seem to be coming back up.....Would It be a good idea to tell her what I feel????

8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Don't slide your company pen, nasty, hotly, right up her company ink well and pump it full of company ink all up in that ass again and again and oh god its so good again even if I get fired again. Oh god that nut bust was good. I love you baby, or at least I love to come in your ass more than I love my job. Have my baby. Fuck the world.

Or... come to your senses. Jeez.

9. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

The shit that comes out of my mouth when I'm intoxicated...

10. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

This probably isn't the right forum, and I don't mean to be crude, but I really, really want to have naughty sex with you and I need to express that publicly, at this time. :naughty:

11. Guz200sx

:eek3:

:hsugh:

12. Guz200sx

:rofl: :naughty:

I like her nose.

13. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm e-pimping here, in a light-hearted manner. haha

14. teo

teo . => ? => !

LOL. Now if Peyomp worked with ebbnflo, he'd be in hot water right now. :rofl:

With a work relationship it's go big or go home. Not only are you in constant contact with one another but you have to go to extra lengths to keep your work and home life separate. There are a lot of people out there who can't do that. If it's going to be a fling then don't bother since your breakup will be public - you'll be the new drama that people talk about at the water cooler.

15. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I just needed to tell you that you're hot stuff. We can move on. :)

16. Guz200sx

It was not sarcasm or anything like that. It was an honest compliment.
    I really do like your nose. :)

I think your nose compliments the rest of your face features and it adds to the overall beauty of your face.

17. Guz200sx

Thanks for the advice. We've gotten closer though lately (strictly work related though) and I anticipate we are ONLY going to get closer becase one of the other teachers is pregnant and will be leaving soon on maternal leave.

I'll see how that works out though....

BTW, offtopic (no pun intended) Have you ever been to Virginia? I've never been to Arizona...I would love to go one day.