dating in the military

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by blueyeddragon63, Jul 6, 2007.

1. blueyeddragon63

blueyeddragon63 New Member

ok, so i've been dating this guy who i've been friends with forever. my problem lies with the fact that my mother dislikes him because of his past, and that he's active duty military. having known him for close to 11 years, it's become apparent to a lot of our mutual friends that he has indeed changed....my question is what do i make of this with my mother? i really don't like having her blatantly object to who i date, but i also feel that everyone deserves to prove themselves.....ideas?

2. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

I do not know if I am just tired or if your post really just doesn't make sense to me...So your dating or are you friends? Or what the heck are you asking or telling here?

3. lauren

lauren Active Member

what branch, how long in? how long is he looking at? what does he do/rank? concerning his tour, when, how long, where, doing what?

why did he join? what is he looking to gain from it?

how old are you, where do you live? what was his 'past'?

4. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

5. blueyeddragon63

blueyeddragon63 New Member

We're dating now, but were friends first forever.

He's looking at up to 5 years, done 1, in the Marines. Going to Iraq sometime next year, not sure when yet, but he works with missles so he'll be in the front lines.
    He joined because he didnt hear back from his university until after he had already signed his intent papers. He really is just looking forward to finishing he years, going to school when he can and then getting out.
    I'm 19, he's 20. And his past is that he is known for being kind of a big flirt.