LGBT Dating in college

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by elgrapadora, Nov 13, 2008.

1. elgrapadora

elgrapadora New Member

I'm currently a sophomore in a U-Mass college and have had a bad dating experience with a guy from my school. Pretty much he left me because we rushed into things in going out and I agreed, so he wanted to try doing the friends route. Personally, I know that never works, and it truly isn't. He's made no attempt in getting to know me outside of my schools gay straight alliance (hes the president of it) and has been a bit rude when talking to me or at me. I know I shouldn't be discouraged from dating by the actions of one guy, but I just don't really see myself in another relationship with a guy from my college. Is it even wise to try to start a somewhat meaningful relationship with someone from my college?:hs:
    Any advice/words from you guys?

2. elgrapadora

elgrapadora New Member

Sadly, my friends don't have any gay friends in my school and I'm a bit unsure as to how to signal that Im bi and single and looking..I met my ex through the GSA and I don't want to use the club as a dating pool, as it is rather limited and just leads to drama..

3. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

yea sorta in the same boat

4. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

i dont see how having one bad experience with some dude should turn you off to dating someone that goes to your school...

5. elgrapadora

elgrapadora New Member

Well, I usually get the "Oh.." reaction from most guys. My recent ex downright asked me if I was monogamous when in a relationship and I said of course I am. When I'm with someone, I don't look for others just because I'm bi.
    Also, I didn't really intend to use the GSA as a dating pool, as it is rather limited. Its really the only club that I feel comfortable in and it has my interest. There's really no other clubs on campus that are interesting to me..So I feel that I'm a bit out of options.

6. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

College is pretty much a really expensive dating service.

I highly recommend dating as much as you can in college... because it gets increasingly harder and harder to date outside of school (you rely a lot on friends to set you up... or online dating services).

So, you should brush up your dating skills in college... I'm not saying you have to find that soulmate in college... but date as much as you can and have fun... and experiment (safely) with sex and what you like and what you don't like...

College is all about experimenting and dating...

7. elgrapadora

elgrapadora New Member

Thats the one hard thing, trying to find a person to experiment with safely...How can I go about putting out signals that I'm available and such?

8. I :love: dating in college. :wiggle:

9. elgrapadora

elgrapadora New Member

Any tips?
    I'm still young and new to the gay dating scene..

10. Well I'm "young" too, I'm 19. I was introduced to mine this summer through a friend after we had both come out to him within a few months of each other. i guess I don't have many battle proven tips really. :hs: Sorry. Didn't take me much to get a date, lol.

11. elgrapadora

elgrapadora New Member

Join the 19 club as well. The few guys that Ive "gone out" with I met through friends. Only this year I met my current ex through school as I stated in my original post. Im just having a hard time actually finding gay guys at this university, which Im sure there are a lot of..Especially single ones heh.

12. Search Facebook...

Males interested in Men.

:dunno:

I've done it before and there were surprisingly a ton at my school. However I'm sure you'll miss a ton too, because, like me, a lot of gay guys just dont put anything. I put in a relationship with my BF but didn't put "interested in: men" on my profile. :o

13. Bib-Lettuce

Bib-Lettuce New Member

How the hell do you do a wide search? I found profile search but it only searches within my friend group, pretty smart :hsugh:

14. Bib-Lettuce

Bib-Lettuce New Member

Thanks but that's what I found and it only searches within my friends

15. Well you can choose like other networks and shit. It's not like you really want to search like Paris, France do you? Just your own area... :dunno:

16. elgrapadora

elgrapadora New Member

Thats somewhat helpful to know. I don't have it listed in my profile that I'm interested in men and women. It's not even really listed..I also need to add stuff to my profile, its rather minimalistic since I'm bad at describing myself.