dating girls who drink often, are you trying to get burned?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quamen, Oct 15, 2006.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

Alot of girls i tend to meet, seem to have issues with drinking. The last one and the current one both like to drink pretty heavily. I would say every weekend if there is a party and during the week as well 1-2 days a week even if there by themselves. Maybe this isnt consider heavy by most, but i really dont drink that much. I work and go to school as well, so i can only drink if i wanted to on the weekends. Anyways, i was at a party last night with my gf and i realized again how girls seem like they cant control themselves. Whenever they get drunk they cant seem to realize anything there doing what so ever.

My biggest concern is i really dont mind the drinking fact, it is how guys are at parties. When girls get like this they get taken advantage of and seem to let it happeend. I just dont want to get burned by my current gf because of her drinking habits. Also i cant really attend these parties and "protect" her from this stuff due to my demanding schedule.

Any of you in a similiar situation:? Last gf after 1 year cheated on me at a party so this makes me even more worried since that happened.

2. gkremian

gkremian New Member

Are you in college? Because that could be a reason that a lot of the girls you are finding are major drinkers. I don't know what scenes you have been hanging out in, but if this current thing doesn't work with your girlfriend then you might want to find a different place to meet girls.

As for this current girl I don't know if there is much you can do. You can't go to these parties with her, and if she is going to cheat on you at one then more than likely she is going to cheat on you at one no matter what you do. Most girls at parties that are taken advantage of do not necessarily want to have sex, but are more or less forced to it.

3. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

You hook up with these type of women. You don't date them! I hang out with some women who drink heavily 4 times a week. They are fun to hang out with, but I won't date them.

4. quamen

quamen New Member

so i should kinda dump her because of this? i dont want to act selfish and say change your ways,but it makes me very uneasy worrying about her.

5. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I don't drink at all, and I don't date women who drink a lot anymore. I'd love to find some who don't drink at all, but good luck with that these days. In fact, I've gotten to the point where I can't stand to be around people who drink a lot, they are annoying and it pisses me off.

Women love to use drinking as an excuse so they aren't responsible for their own actions.

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Quamen, I'm confused. you say you don't want to date women who drink heavily...yet you are trying to be in a relationship with a women who drinks heavily. Why do you go after/be with the women you admit you don't want.

If you're worried about a gf cheating with you while drinking at a party...get a gf who DOESN'T go out and party every weekend.

I'd end the current relationship nd move on, then you won't have to stress yourself out worrying about this.

7. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

You can't turn a ho into a housewife. Hoes don't act right.

8. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Dude, look at all these threads about your girlfriend. You have this one about her drinking habbits, you have one about your penis size not being enough for her and you also have one for her hanging out with guys by herself which you don't seem to be comfortable with (and potentially rightfully so) ...maybe it's time to consider moving on.

9. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

I think you should just pass her up and not worry about another chick for quite some time. I have the same problem, I don't drink nor go to parties, I go to school and work. You can't be a babysitter its honestly hard to trust the type of girls you are with. If I had the correct answer I would give it to you. But thats for you to decide.

10. moonie

moonie u want a FRANKYUM?

why not confront to her about your concern? i mean, sooner or later she's going to have to deal with her drinking habits while being in a relationship, if it was not with you. you might as well be the one to point it out to her.. it's better to let her know now then later anyways.

11. fray

fray New Member

I think the fact that you feel like you have to "protect her" is reason enough for concern. If she was going to parties and being ganged up on by guys and given attention she does not want, that's reason for protection. Getting wasted and behaving stupidly does not deserve protection, could easily be prevented (by her, not by you), and if she's acting like she doesn't have a boyfriend, then it's disrespectful and rude to you. She should be trustworthy enough to go out on her own without you worrying what she's doing. As someone pointed out, you have a lot of other threads about things she does that just aren't sitting right, so I'm going to assume that it's not just that you are overly worried about it, but that she actually is giving you reason to worry.

"Because I was drunk" is not an excuse for anything, as much as someone might try to use it as such. I think you really need to evaluate whether you are happy with this girl, and with all you are putting up with, or if you are just hanging in there for now. And if you're just hanging in there for now, how much time do you want to waste?

12. whitney311

whitney311 New Member

Something like this has to be completely up to you, you know the girl, you probably know how she acts when she drinks. Are you concerned because she acts slutty at parties, or just because you are insecure about yourself? something to think about.
    Drinking isn't an excuse to cheat, and she should know that as well, and if you know her well and trust her, it shouldn't be a huge issue if she goes to parties when you're not around.