dating ex's friends?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by giz, Apr 30, 2009.

1. giz

giz Active Member

any thoughts on this?

most of the regulars know the story behind my ex and how I've had a difficult time getting over her. I can assure you, I'm done with that.

while we were together, I made it a point to get to know all of her friends. we never really did anything together (ex, me, and her friends)... I just went out of my way to get to know them. we've been broken up for a few months and I still talk to quite a few of them often (at least one on a near-daily basis :rofl:).

well, the past couple days one the girls has shown a lot of interest and I'm not sure what to do. I don't know her all that well and I really would like to get to know more about her. Honestly I may have pursued this earlier but I thought she was in a relationship lol. My friends bday is saturday and a big group of us are meeting for dinner... I'm thinking about inviting her.

Regardless of what you guys say, I probably will. But I'm interesting in your opinions if I'm headed down a bad road with this or should it not make a difference?

2. tb2883

tb2883 New Member

I would say if you continue with the new girl i would be vary careful.
    Since the new girl is a friend of your ex i would ask her or go with her to talk with your ex to make sure she wouldn't be upset about the idea of you and her friend.

Is it me or does this sound like something from a 'Friend's episode or a chick flick.

3. giz

giz Active Member

:rofl: my life basically is a chick flick

I'm not sure I'd ever bring up my ex. I've talked about her way too much for the past months and I'm just done. if the friend wants to talk to her, that is fine, but imo if my ex wants to get upset that is her own problem. :dunno:

4. D7

D7 OT Supporter

You have your choice of women when you go out Giz. Good luck with whatever you decide :)

5. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

sorry if this has been said, but the circumstances of the break up are pertinent. Did she do anything terrible?

No matter what you say or do she is going to take this as a personal "fuck you". if you are prepared to make that statement, then by all means, have at it.

6. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Why does he have to put his life in his ex's hands? He owe's her nothing and who gives a fuck if she cares, they broke up, she has no say in his life anymore. It isn't like its the "bro code" or whatever where you ask your friend if you can date their ex.

I say go for it, it's not like you have a friend to lose over this.

7. giz

giz Active Member

Nah, she didn't do anything terrible. Kinda out of the blue she decided we were done. We have been on good terms since. I took her to a britney spears concert a few weeks ago.

However, since the concert she basically has ignored me. I saw her the next day and she barely acknowledged my existence. Last week I found out one of her favorite performers was coming to town, I let her know but got no response (though I didn't expect one). Yesterday was my Design Day at school... she had said she wanted to come so I reminded her... no response and didn't show.

I deserve better than that. So if she wants to take it as a "fuck you," that is her choice. I don't mean it like that in any way though.

8. giz

giz Active Member

I think this may have been why I've been reluctant to pursue any of her friends. Up until recently, I've felt like we've been on good terms so there was something to lose. Now that she is treating me like this, I have no problem doing what I want.

9. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Yea, but you have to realize that even if you were on good terms, more than likely you will drift apart, you will never become good enough friends for it to really matter. I've keep good relations with ex's before, but in all honesty they aren't even that great of friends.

10. giz

giz Active Member

Well to be honest, I was hanging on to some tiny glimmer of hope that we'd eventually get back together. That is no longer the case.

11. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

I personally don't so if she takes it the wrong way just explain to her that you didn't meant it that way if she doens't believe you oh well her loss

12. LudaMan

LudaMan Active Member

Well, based on what you said, your intention isn't to piss off your ex, but to get to know this other girl more. I'm going to assume this friend of hers also just wants the same, so I see no problem with it.

13. Reign

Reign Banned

If she has no problem with it then why not? It's your happiness, not your Ex's. The only complication I could see is your Ex and who you're after getting into a friendship conflict but that's not really your problem either.

Go for it.

14. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

Giz,

Do it.

Yours truly,
    -non gay fanclub.

15. giz

giz Active Member

:bowrofl:

16. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

if you don't mind crossing paths with your ex, sure, go for it.

just refrain from bad-mouthing your ex in front of this girl.

17. giz

giz Active Member

If we crossed paths, I'm not sure what would happen. She'd probably just ignore me like she did a couple weeks ago when her friends invited me to a concert with them.

I've never bad-mouthed her, ever. I've been vocal about my disapproval of some of her recent behavior, but that's about as close as it gets.

18. Abomb

Abomb New Member

if its a female ex, i would have no remorse from dating one of her friends... just make sure it doesnt get too awkward for you in social settings :p

if its one of the bros ex's id prolly stay away

19. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

you're good to go.

go forth and be merry!

20. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

if he's over her, it's irrelevant how she views it. however, deep down, it's a nice little bonus.

21. Abomb

Abomb New Member

feels good man

22. giz

giz Active Member

if I wanted to rub it into her face, I'd do it right and systematically fuck every one of her closest friends, take pictures and send them to her :rofl:

23. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Sounds like you've moved on mate. Good stuff. Go and have some fun

24. fray

fray New Member

My vote is a resounding "NO", based on how difficult it was for you to move on, the potential for this to turn into a "revenge"/rebound thing, and the potential to become very awkward. I think you are generating unnecessary drama. As someone above said, you have your pick. I would pick outside the mutual pool...

25. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I would never date an ex's friend. It's just bad taste, first of all. Second, there are too many women out there to fuck with a messy situation like that.