Dating at teh workplace. How to keep it from geting akward

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SovietRussia, Mar 7, 2005.

1. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

I am pretty sure she is into me. I have her phone number, should i just call her and ask her if she wants to do something? help me grow a pair.

2. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

talk to her in person. calling her makes it really obvious.

3. SovietRussia

yeah. i was talking to her today...should i just come out and ask if she wants to go get something to eat? if she wants to do something? go to movies?

4. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

Just go for it and ask her. That's really the only way to find out...just make sure it's outside of the office when you do ask her.

5. Coppertone

Coppertone New Member

Just remember one thing. IF anything happens that is negative, it will end up making things shitty at work. I also know that it's a double edged sword since if you do nothing you will never know. Just keep that in mind. As long as things are good, work will be fine. Even if you agree that if things get awkward later from a break up or whatever, it will change.

6. Nickie

Nickie New Member

my bf and i work together and we have been dating now for 10 months. he is so great, i will admit though that when we have little fights and have to work together it is akward but other than that it is ok. it is the best relationship that i have ever had. and the fact that we worked together and knew eachother got rid of to many akward silences on the first date bc if we didnt know what to say we just brought up something that was funny at work and went from there. so i say go for it and ask her out

7. HeftyFD

HeftyFD Guest

dont get involved with someone at work....it causes nothing but unecessary drama that not only follows you home, but harassess you all day at work....trust me, i speak from experience

8. SovietRussia

how did he ask you out?

9. Chemo

Chemo New Member

thats not true in all cases,what if you and the person your seein work in two different areas of a office and rarely see each other?

10. GSRwBOOST

GSRwBOOST New Member

don't dip your wick in the company ink...

you think it's awkward now... wait till you've had sex with her and then she wants to break it off....

a. you get nailed iwth sexual harassment and get fired/sued
    b. you get fired because it creates "an uncomfortable environment for her" because they like her more than you...

11. TenSteel

TenSteel Ted Cruz suicide hotline OT Supporter

... or just get relocated at mgr's discretion

12. Nsx9red

Nsx9red New Member

Gf and I work together, it's great because we are really into each other, If you guys really hit it off, it's nice having that extra time too see her

13. SovietRussia

how did you ask her out?

14. HeftyFD

HeftyFD Guest

that was the case, well atleast for me, and it still caused drama. i work in a call center so shit gets around quick. i guess it didnt help that her bf of 4 years at the time worked at the same place too. all in all though, i would advise staying away from it when you can go find snatch anywhere, cause when you start to get involved with people you work with, your playing with fire.

15. Nsx9red

Nsx9red New Member

Well we were friends for 6 years before we started dating, I never really asked her out (this time)... Just hung out everyday, then just started dating.. I have asked her out before this dating thing, got shoot down, Still stayed friends and now we are dating:)