SRS Dating a girl with a mutual best friend

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DubOverdose, Oct 13, 2009.

1. DubOverdose

DubOverdose New Member

I like this girl...we'll call her girl A. Her best friend is a girl that we will call girl B. B also happens to be my best female friend. We've all known each other 3-5 years. All of the time I've known girl A, one of us has been in a relationship, but not now.

A few weeks ago, girls A and B stayed at my apartment and I ended up telling girl B that I liked girl A. She told me to "go for it," but I didn't say anything to girl A until tonight. When I talked to girl A, I found out that she likes me too, which is great because telling a "friend" that you like them isn't very easy to do, especially with a good friend in the middle.

The problem- Girl A says she talked to B about it before and B was uncomfortable because she doesn't want to lose two best friends. How do I talk to girl B to clear this up so girl A and I can get together?

2. Soju N Coke

Soju N Coke New Member

Had the same situation. Just tell her you wont fuk up on her and whatever happens between you two you will still be friends.

3. DubOverdose

DubOverdose New Member

Ya, the problem is right now that girl B tells me that she's fine with it and to go ahead. This is even after I told her that I talked to girl A. But she had told girl A she was uncomfortable...

4. BladedThesis

BladedThesis New Member

My first thought is have a threesome relationship with girls A & B.

Otherwise, explain to B that should there be any concerns with the thought of your relationship with A, you will always be willing to speak with B about it, and you most definitely do not want to hurt your friendship with B.

5. DubOverdose

DubOverdose New Member

Girl B is not someone I'd want a threesome with...

6. Crath

Crath New Member

I second that, very good idea :bigthumb:

7. BladedThesis

BladedThesis New Member

Then advice #2.

8. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

You sure girl B doesn't have a crush on you or something?

9. johan

johan Active Member

The triad of YOU, A and B will have an inevitable shakeup. Things will not simply continue as they are now, forever.

If B likes you even remotely, jealousy will creep in.

If you break up with A in any way that is even remotely hurtful, B will be forced to choose sides, and again we have a problem.

But the reality is that all friendships change and transition over time, and the BOY-GIRL-GIRL triad is probably one of the most unstable ones anyways.

Even if nothing happened, a few years from you will probably look back and think " I wonder whatever happened to A & B...lost touch with them a while back ".

Life gets busy. People morph into different selves. Friendships while still there, often times figure less prominently than they once did.

So... if you want A, and A wants you, then go for it.

B will feel left out because you can't and shouldn't use her as a confidant about A. A will not like that.

But go ahead and date A. I like to live life without regrets.
    Just be aware this will probably accelerate the friendship's life cycle by a few years.

10. OhHai

OhHai New Member

Ha ha wise words. I was in this EXACT same situation awhile ago. Mutual girl friend introduced us both, later ended up telling us both to go for it. Me and the girl started dating, and mutual friend ended up telling girl she liked me (out of nowhere). This caused lots of drama, and mutual friend ended up trying to break us both up. Fast forward and we end up ditching the mutual friend as she turns insane, then me and girl date for almost a year. I guess it kinda ruined the friendship with the mutual friend, or brought out a different side. In all honesty, I would probably do it again... But like stated above, Male-Female-Female triads can turn sour quickly.

11. schmitty101

schmitty101 You might remember me from such films as "Dig your

From an outsider perspective I think you should go for it. I don't see why one persons jealousy should prevent 2 people from being happy. If she's a real friend and stable person, she will learn to accept that you are both together now. But yeah if either one of your fuck this up and things go sour i'd expect the friendship to fall apart.

12. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

Are you surprised with this? I mean you've known her for years and us not at all but it seems clear why she did this and it's already been mentioned in the thread.