GUN Dateline nbc to catch a predator

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by farrelly, Mar 7, 2007.

1. farrelly

farrelly New Member

Anyone see this tonight? One of the guys (who was an out of state police officer) had an arsenal in his car. With his military style assault rifle(ar-15), with 2 "clips of 30 bullets each" ready to fire, a couple handguns, a 12 gauge and 800 rounds with some of them being hallow point "cop killer" bullets "designed to penetrate bullet proof vests". The cops who arrested him made it seem like this guy was there to kill a bunch of people and not have sex with a 13 year old girl. I hate when tv shows dramatize shit and don't know what they're talking about. Even the cops there were talking about how "they must've had angels on their shoulders". I assume all these weapons were legal in the state of florida, they didn't mention anything about weapons charges.

2. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

that show pisses me off so much. i REALLY want chris hansen to fucking die. i hope someone kills him. seriously. i fucking hate that piece of shit so much. i hope the perverted justice faggots all die in a fire too. god damnit that show pisses me off.

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Nope. none of that is illegal in FL as far as I know.

4. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

Hi I'm Chris Hansen
    Buck shot to the chest
    :noes:

5. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Sounds like someone got duped.:mamoru:

Only kidding. It's funny to watch, but with a lot of it I can't see how they don't get in trouble for entrapment. They never really do report on the results of the cases, maybe a lot do get thrown out.

Didn't catch tonights episode, though. What a bunch of bull shit. If I was going to go meet some random person off the internet, not that I would, but I'd bring some weapons along as well, especially if it was someone under age. You never know when it'll be a bunch of guys that are looking to beat the shit out of a pervert, or maybe Chris Hansen. None of the weapons are illegal in the sunshine state, unless he actually had armor piercing rounds which are illegal for a hand gun. (However, as we all know, hollow point=/armor piercing.)

6. Aequitas

I've been waiting to see in the main ***BREAKING NEWS: Chris Hansen, star of To Catch a Predator, shot and killed by pedaphile.***

It's only a matter of time before it'll be some convicted sex offender that doesn't want to go back to jail. :run:

7. farrelly

farrelly New Member

What amazes me is how many people sit and chat with this dickhead. Then they talk to the cops. No one ever says "I want a lawyer" and shuts their mouth. I'm sure half the charges get thrown out, but all of these guys were charged with 3 felony's a piece.

8. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

The guys who clam up and ask for a lawyer have all their footage cut.

That's just not good TV.

About your original post.

Why would you arrest an out of state police officer? He has some LEO weapons in his car.

Surely the FL police would recognise an out of state officer?

Why would they be praying for 'angels on their wings'?

An out of state officer poses no theat at all.

9. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

what, is it ruining your free time? :rofl:

10. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

Inacurracy in media reports on firearms is nothing new.

I wish I knew where they came up with their ill-conceived notions though.

11. t1h

t1h Guest

when has the media reported correctly on firearms?

I overheard a news story my gf was watching last night, and the police found some guy that had a .50cal rifle that is accurate to 1.5 miles and banned in california :noes:

:rolleyes: so what? rifles like that aren't used to commit crimes, and we don't live in california, and I don't think they are banned in CA anyway (i think you can still own them, just not transfer them)

12. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

IF they are smart and don't talk it is borign tv and they have to go out and find someone else and replace the boring guy on TV.

13. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

Wait, wait wait. Hollow points are designed to penetrate bullet proof vests? I thought their whole purpose was to NOT over penetrate? :hsugh:

14. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

if the media says it, it has to be true

15. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

no, but everything they do on that show to me is just wrong. i agree, the scumbags preying on children are just as bad, but these guys dont care about children, they care about ratings for their show. i love to watch that show, mainly because i love to hate it. i think what they are doing is illegal and wrong, but no one else will see it that way because its "saving the children". its fucking bullshit.

and no, i dont like young kids, i dont even like girls under 20. they are too immature and dont know what they want.

16. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

if the media tells me that they are designed to cut through a bulletproof vest and not to transfer as much kenetic energy as possible it must be true

17. Aequitas

That's why they stopped making black talons. The coating would make them go straight through bullet proof vests, not to mention the teeth would make cuts in your bullet wound.:noes:

18. Initial E

Initial E New Member

you can still buy the updated version of the LE type on places like gunbroker. I believe they are called Winchester Ranger or Winchester SXT.

but back to the topic at hand...

That Dateline to Catch a Predator sting happened about 20 minutes from my house. It's a huge ordeal down here. I havent heard much about the officer that was caught with the weapons in his vehicle, but it seems like almost at least once a week the local paper will bring up some issues about this. I also work at a law firm and this shit has totally gone crazy with the media.

19. Aequitas

I know, they're comfortably sitting in my glock right now.;)

20. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

:werd: :rofl: