dated a girl for 4 years, finally moving on

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Wckd2, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Wckd2

Wckd2 OT Supporter

we broke up last may but it was like we were over since last october. anyway fianlly met a girl and we are planning on going out. she seemed very interested, asked for my # after I asked for hers and hugged me bye. make a long story short, I dated this girl for 4 years, since i was 16, and now feel like i have NO IDEA what do do out on a date or antyhing. so some advice...

2. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Figure out what you want.

There are two types of relationships:
    -Those founded around the woman (take what you can get)
    -Those founded around how you want to be treated (if one isn't cutting it, find another)

Hint: Pick the second one.

3. Wckd2

Wckd2 OT Supporter

:rofl:

I picked the 2nd one....thats why I'm not with that girl anymore.

I'm more concerned with how to approach the date, like is dinner/movie the right call or if its over done, do i pick a nice restaurant or a regular one. what do we talk about blah blah blah....

4. Ibanez Guy

Ibanez Guy New Member

sorry to hear about it man, but it sounds like a high school relationship, I woudln't be too worried. Go out, get some dinner, talk, listen, and enjoy. Not a biggie.

5. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

dinner and movie is the worst first date possible imo

I personally reserve dinner for women who have done something to earn it.

Your chances of increasing her attraction for you during during dinner or a movie are slim

6. Wckd2

Wckd2 OT Supporter

:ugh:

7. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

i agree, but for different reasons.

1. you can't really talk to someone or get to know them when you're watching a movie

2. dinner's good, but i prefer a casual setting on a first date. (that's just me though, i'm a cheap date)

i guess it depends on the girl. how does she seem to you? high maintenance?
    low key? casual?

one of the best first dates i've had was on a boardwalk/ pier. we had corndogs, margaritas and browsed the shops.

8. Wckd2

Wckd2 OT Supporter

Well this was my reasoning

she is a film major and talked about wanting to see the Departed. I told her what a fantastic movie it was and she said "oh i have to see that" so then i could decide what kind of restaurant to take her to during the movie.....

theres really no boardwalks or places like that in AZ. Theres mill ave but its no fun unless you are 21 and she is only 20...

9. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Go to a park and play frisbee. Don't spend any money.

10. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

You'd be a complete fool to take her to a movie. Taking her to dinner? Again, another completely stupid move. How much are you going to blow on this date? $20+ for movie tickets, another $15 for snacks, and then $20 - $40 on dinner and drinks? So you're at as much as $75 just to talk to her? You're nuts.

Your first date, as mentioned, should be CHEAP. Starbucks max, or MAYBE one drink at a bar. She's 20, so she gets a soda. The whole point is to go on a date where you can sit and talk to her and get to know her. How exactly are you going to do that during a movie?

And dinner? Bad idea. Maybe she's just looking for a free meal because her boyfriend is out of town, or the other guy she is screwing is busy.

The point is you want to ask her on a date that will relfect her INTEREST LEVEL in YOU, not your wallet. If you tell her you want to take her to Starbucks, and she really likes you, you better believe she's going to be there. Better yet, a nice upscale bar (if she can get in, some restaurants allow this) so she can dress up nicer. Her interest level in you will be refelcted in her attire.

Now if she refuses, and only wants a dinner and movie, you've got a professional who is looking for a free ride. She could care less about you, just how much you can spend on her, entertain her, and otherwise occupy her free time. That's a "No go" in my book.

Remember, judge her interest level WITHOUT involving your wallet and you'll get accurate results of how much she is into YOU.

11. Wckd2

Wckd2 OT Supporter

Ok, that makes alot more sense then what the others were saying. I looked and the State Fair is in town, so I'm thinking I'll just take her to that and maybe the hooka bar if she likes to smoke hooka.

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Poco's posts are pure gold.

I want to cut and paste them all into a book, for reference.