date advice,pretty nervous.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quamen, Feb 28, 2006.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

I met this girl in college a few weeks ago cause she is in one of my classes. She is drop dead good looking I believe,so i was really nervous about asking for her number. I assumed she already had a bf or wouldnt be interested in me. Anyways, just before class eneded we were chatting and she started to flirt with me pretty hard and kept touching me leg while laughing. She rips off a peice of paper and gives me her number without asking for it. Im going to call her in a couple days and ask her to dinner or what not, but im pretty nervous on to handle things.

I havent really been on a date since i broke up with my last gf, and I havent dated much .

2. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

just be yourself... laugh and have a good time. :) it seems as though she likes you :)

3. Carisma

Carisma New Member

I probably wouldn't do dinner on the first date because it would look like you are trying to buy her company. I would do something like coffee or a bakery. Just to talk and she if you two have any chemistry. If you are looking for a relationship, then you definitely need to find out if you have chemistry.

I am in the same boat as you. I just broke up with my ex alittle over a month ago after a 3.5 year relationship. I am having such a hard time talking to the opposite sex. Enough about that because that isn't helping the problem.

Like I said early do something cheap and only stay about 45min to an hour with her. And always go for the kiss at the end if there is chemistry.

Good luck!

4. Krispy

Krispy You want to taste it i know

i've always wanted to take a girl to a shooting range for a date. seems like it would be a great icebreaker. avoid the whole dinner/movie thing.

5. cefiro

cefiro New Member

Id take her out to lunch, not dinner. Much shorter and much cheaper, id also tell her to meet you there, seems much less informal. The first date should be around 30-45 mins and just talk and try to get to know her.

6. jdm-cd5

jdm-cd5 Guest

get her in a chokehold and beat her to death

7. crunchy_black

crunchy_black OT Supporter

Go to movie / dinner.
    Or meet up with her in a park and have a picnic :S

8. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Don't go for a movie for a first date, no talking is bad and you want to get to know her i assume, dinner would be better.

But I agree with the majority of people here, dinner isn't the best "first date" idea. Coffee is always a good first date as it can end fast or take a fair while, depending on how well things are going.

9. quamen

quamen New Member

well i have to pick her up, she has no car since she is dorming at school

10. crunchy_black

crunchy_black OT Supporter

It doesn't matter what you guys do. As long as you are spending time together.

11. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

and can talk to each other, and are not spending a lot of money on her.

Spending lots of money sends a signal that you may be trying to compensate for lack of self-worth.

Going to a movie means you cannot talk to her.

I recommend the coffee or bakery date because (1) it's cheap and (2) it gives you a lot of time to sit and just talk. Just be yourself, flirt, joke, and have a good time. If she is interested in YOU, she'll be more than happy to spend time with you. If she is just looking for a sucker to pay her way, she'll want the movie, dinner, etc.

You can always do that later, *if* you find out you two actually have REAL chemistry. That's what the first few dates are all about - learning about each other.

Just keep it light, don't get too serious or depressed. Ask her a little about herself but don't interrogate her. Share funny stories about yourself, so long as they are not embarrasing or make you look like a loser. Don't answer every question she asks seriously, or make her guess for the answers once or twice.

Just relax, have a good time, and be yourself. :)

12. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:eek3: :bowdown: that would be my idea of a perfect date. :wtc: i haven't been to the shooting range in ages, tho

13. quamen

quamen New Member

thanks for all the great tips and adive. do you think calling two days after getting the number is to soon? im scared i dont wnat to seem like to desperate and have her play me,cause i hate those games.

14. Freeze Time

Freeze Time New Member

2 days is probably good, 3 is better. Make her wait and wonder why you havent called her yet. If shes as hot as you say, it might bring her down a notch when you do take her out on that date and make her more approachable, especially if she was interested in you.

:)

15. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Damn right two days is too soon. Unless you are going to see her in class again, wait 4-5 days. And when you call, be straight and to the point. Say hello, make some intro small talk, then ask her on the date. Know when and where you are going, and if she accepts or counters with a different day you're good.

If she gives you ANY excuse and does NOT counter offer another day, she turned you down. Be polite, say you understand, make some wrap-up small talk and hang up. Toss her number.

The phone call should be AT MOST 2-3 minutes long.

You go! :hsd:

16. quamen

quamen New Member

Well i will see her monday in class,so i should call before then? i was hoping to set something up this weekend, like saturday or sunday night if possible.

Actually im sitting here and was thinking about these replies and the thread i started here. I really think im putting way to much into this situation already. I know who I am and im confident in myself in what I stand for and what i want. I shouldnt be placing so much pressure on when to call,what to do etc. While these minor details may increase her chances of liking me, it will come down to not when we go out or really where,but how we connect with each other. There are millions of beautiful girls walking on this earth,and if this one doesnt work out, move onto the next and next, it is like a never ending stream of the girls I can potentially meet and have a good time with. WEll i do really appreicate all the help and tips you guys have given me, I think i might be right on this. I mean shit she already gave me her number without me asking, so i have the upper hand already. I could have called the next day and she prolly would have been thrilled to death I have called her, obviously her interest is high in my looks and personality somewhat of what we have experienced in class. Im just going to go with the flow, be myself have a good fucking time and really not worry about what she is thinking or what should i say now. IF it doesnt work oh well, i had fun and time to take a different one at.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  17. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Call her Saturday and make a Sunday afternoon date.

Exactly, but the minor details are designed to make you different than every other guy she has met. If you do the same thing every other guy has done, you are boring and predictable, and "just like everyone else." As soon as you do that, that "minor detail" can prevent her from wanting to get to know you.

Great attitude. Don't tell her that straight out, and don't stare at or talk about other women, but do keep that attitude when you go out with her. Ask her how she's better than other women, and what she brings to the table. Not many women get asked that, and it shows you are after more than just a quick fuck, you actually want to get to know her.

Wrong. Big mistake. She's realize you're like every other desperate guy out there, so don't think that way. YOU as a GUY would be thrilled if a hot woman called you the next day ... because it never happens! Women get guys calling them ALL the time, and it's boring, predictable, old, pathetic. What you would like is generally NOT what women like. ;)

Good idea, just don't be a bore, a chauvanist, an asshole, etc. Do it with tact and manners, and flirt and joke. You probably know all this, but it's more for the benefit of everyone reading. :)

Good luck, keep us updated.

18. quamen

quamen New Member

well date is acutally set for tommorow night, due to conflicting schedules. im thinking dinner and then some drinks afterwords, or something else like pool, ice skating etc.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  19. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

So how'd the date go?

20. Achmiel

Achmiel Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshi

:nono:

This isn't the Off Topic forum :squint: