Database Programers

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by misha, Jan 22, 2006.

1. misha

misha New Member

Could you give me a rough estimate on how much it should cost to design a data system for a Model Competition. Developed in Visual Studio. Registration for competitors, scoring input by the judges, calculations and reporting of scores, expandability. How much do you think that would cost to develop, and how long of a time frame should be given?

Thank you.

2. skelm

skelm New Member

It's all going to depend on what you would like this developed in, and what kind of time frame you would have....

I am currently in the process of building up my portfolio so would do this at a cheaper rate, if you send an e-mail to [email protected] specifying exactly what you are after then I can give you a detailed quote.

The company I work for currently employs two C++ / 4D programmers and one interface designer (see his portfolio on http://bigbuddaboom.com).

If however you wanted this developed in Access then it is of course entirely possible.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

It sounds like you're just storing a list of model names and stuff, as well as their scores from each judge. Maybe also a list of judge names that can be related to ID numbers. Also a form for each judge to enter scores into and another form to display the totals for each model. I'd say the basic development would take a week.

Any reason why it couldn't be done in MS Access? This doesn't sound like it's a high-demand database.