database help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dm33186, Jul 12, 2003.

1. dm33186

dm33186 Guest

hi could somebody point me to a tutorial of how to do some what im hoping is simple database programming. what i need to do is have an html form submit to a database and have the database sort it all out. what would be the best way at approaching this. the form is almost already complete

2. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

database sort it out?? what exactly do you mean??

|eb_CRX

3. dm33186

dm33186 Guest

im not 100% sure lol what i need it to do is take the information that has been entered into the form and place it into a database for retrieval later, the form is an application for something. so the data needs to be entered and then later pulled up by date, paid/not paid, etc

4. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

What web scripting language(s) you plan to use? What flavor database software you have in mind?

Typically, you will have:

html form -> user submits -> your server side script validates it -> your server side script inserts it into the database -> let the user know all is good

Then you can slide and dice that data how ever you want later on.

Before you can be pointed to a tutorial, you'll need to know what languages you want to use and what database software.

5. eof

eof New Member

:slap:

|eb_CRX

6. Cranky

Cranky New Member

look for tutorials on my sql and php. both free, both are cross os compatable and they work great together.

it can be as simple or as complex as u want it.

7. dm33186

dm33186 Guest

i was looking at doing php and mysql and i found a tutorial that gave me the code to put into the php file to make the form and submit it so it will probably be php and mysql