data backup software

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DigiCrime, Feb 5, 2009.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

I'm looking for software free or paid that I can use to backup data from one drive to another. I want to select the source by folders or specfic folders and my destination the same way. Don't want to clone a drive just basically be able to custom select destination and source. Other software that I have wants to create an archive of the data, when Id rather have it all intact when it is copied to the destination if that makes sense.

I do OS reloads a lot so I grab data off of the users drive and place it on another drive temporary then I copy it back across the network when the reload is done.

2. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

have you looked at synctoy

3. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Yeah synctoy would be a good option, although you're switching computers all the time so the source changes. I'd just a script to do it if it were me. Have one text file with all of the root folders you want copied and just provide a source and destination as its arguments:

for /f "usebackq delims=," %%i in ("c:\listofdirectoriesyouwantcopied.txt") do xcopy "\\%~1\c$\%%~i" "%~2" /e/i/h/c/o/y

and to copy it back, another batch file:

xcopy "%~2" "\\%~1\c$\" /e/i/h/c/o/y

4. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

THanks guys!