Dashboard cleaners - Are they really harmful?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by addifan, Apr 24, 2002.

1. addifan

addifan Guest

I believe my dash is Vinyl, so would lexol be safe? I have heard stuff like armoral is not safe.

I have read the post about using 6 parts water to 1 part woolite. But I am just curious to know if I use this other stuff if it will ruin my dash.

2. why isnt armor all safe?? ive tried it

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Armor All is fine for the dash. Vinylex and 303 are also pretty good. Do a forum search at http://autopia-carport.com on Vinylex and 303 and you will find both do an excellent job-and I think you can find a link to buy either one on the Autopia site.

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I use something kinda like Armor-All, it's Black Magik (sp?) Dashboard Protectant. I think I picked it up at Advance or some place like that. Works good, and gives your car a nice citrus smell for a few days. :bigthumb:

Also, side note: don't get the new Armor-All wipes. They come in a canister that looks like a baby wipe container. They're WAYY too saturated with Armor-All. I used them the other day, I had to wipe residual off with a towel. I like stuff you can spray, so you can control the application of it yourself.