Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Boomdart, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

I don't know what to think of this game. It seems pretty fun, but it also seems like the game expects you to just kick people into spiked walls and those that stand under rickety canopies with barrels on top with your mighty foot.

Making an attempt to fight with your weapon is futile at best. The awkward way it expects you to push shift, hold the mouse, and somehow aim at a dude running around like a chicken with its head cut off is the biggest let down of the whole game. More often than not I'll miss by just a hair, they dodge out of the way far too easily and if you use your regular attacks it simply doesn't seem to do much.

In the end, the best solution to every fight seems to be to kick them until they fall down and stab them in the back/stomach while they're on the ground. I don't have many spells yet and fireball being the only one I have sucks.

Fun game? I guess. Good game? I don't think so. The story is completely uninteresting to me.

Yeah, it's like 4 years old now but the graphics are still pretty good when maxed out considering its age.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  2. Holliday

Holliday New Member

The only fun part of the game is kicking people into fire and spikes and off cliffs.

Other than that I thought the game sucked. Way too linear for my liking.

3. Japan Four

Japan Four Guest

a game with great scripting and a shitty combat engine

4. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

I'm getting into the story more now, I certainly didn't expect anything that's happened so far to be this way. An excellently crafted story really, just has a slow start. On chapter 8 now I think, maybe 9.

I'm getting more used to the combat system, haven't focused on many magic spells yet still. Using the magic spell heal I've saved tons of potions up, hardly ever use them. Still can't say I like it that much, you never do what you want to do it seems.

5. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Well son of a bitch this game is short. 9 short chapters and the ending.

What a fucking let down, I felt like all this time I was just starting to build up my character. I didn't know you were supposed to concentrate on one specific field, I don't have level 3 anything and hardly any spells because I wanted an all-around character. I don't even get enough time to let that happen, wtf?

Uninstalling and forgetting.