daoc crew v. exists?

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Smork, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Smork

Smork Active Member

Are there any come back for 10 days trials going on?

I'd like to try out the new "merged" servers.

Thanks. :bowdown:

2. Smork

Smork Active Member

no one?

3. Biodragon

Biodragon $$ > me OT Supporter

I was wondering that too.... That game sucked me in for so long :(

4. Smork

Smork Active Member

Me too. I think I'm gonna do the "Come back to camelot" thing. it's 14 days if you log into the site. I'm gonna do that tonight and see how my nightshade and bard are. :big grin:

Also have my 46 Pally. :bowdown:

5. Wthermans

Wthermans What does "New High Score" mean? Is that bad? Di

Played from release until shortly after New Frontiers came out. Bought Catacombs and played again for about a month until I realised that NF was still an abomination of Classic PvP and ToA BS was still relevant to PvP. DAoC will never be as good as it was during the SI days. You could raid if you wanted to, but all it amounted to was an extra stat point here and there or a pretty new dye or proc for your weapon. Once ToA started the increased cast rate, increased heals, increased spell damage BS, the game took a HUGE dive.

6. Smork

Smork Active Member

still pretty fucking fun.

I played about 7 months ago, and even then it was a lot of fun. I played for 4 months, leveled 3 50s, got them all geared to hell, and was still fun. I can imagine how much fun it is after all the server merges.

Should be good now. Hopefully it'll be good.

7. Wthermans

Meh, while I'm sure it's fun compared to some other MMOs currently out, the game will never be as good as it used to be due to some fundamental gameplay changes over the years. :hsd:

8. Smork

Smork Active Member

I will be reactivating then.

9. Smork

Smork Active Member

It's weird. I made a trial account to see if anyone I know was still on, or anything was different since the server merges.. as I log in, I just get this feeling of incredible fun. It's such an amazing game, even though TOA ruined stuff, they made it so easy to get and finish everything so you can do ML1-9 in 2 days.. if not 1. Artifacts are easy as hell to level, and everything else is just the same.

I am going to re-activate tonight.

Anyone else playing at all?

10. mdisen

mdisen OT Supporter

I haven't played since before WoW. Still don't have much desire to go back. It'll just make me sad how dated it all feels. Mythic should've put their energy into DAoC 2 instead of Warhammer.

11. Wthermans

There will never be a DAoC 2. :wtc:

12. Smork

Smork Active Member

I honestly would play that in a heartbeat.

13. Wthermans

It's true. It was MJ's brainchild and I don't see Bioware/Mythic doing anything similar in spirit and mechanics. Even if MJ made a real sequel to the game (which I doubt he will/could), it wouldn't be under the Camelot name. :o

14. Yoritomo

Yoritomo dad's jar chimer

I understand that Matt Firor was the primary guy with regards to the combat and mechanics. Oh wow, look who is looking into making another MMO for Bethesda.

15. UndefinedMinded

UndefinedMinded Active Member

Installed and played the trial the other day. Pretty good game although I wish I hadn't have picked pvp server. -=/

16. Smork

Smork Active Member

sign up on any of the ywain servers. play with me. I might PL if you really keep playing. :rofl:

17. Biodragon

Biodragon $$ > me OT Supporter

I just started playing Aion and if the assassin class is anything like the Infiltrator or Shadowblade I will be sticking with Aion solely because more people play that game.... I remember when ToA came out, I hated it, and lived my life in the classic servers with no ToA... Those were still fun to play on....

And man if there ever is a DAoC 2 I will be on that in a heartbeat

18. BiscuitsNgroovy

BiscuitsNgroovy OT Supporter

reupped my account the other day. Just ran to malv and started farming seals for dragon shit :rofl:

haven't attempted to do rvr again yet because i'm scared of random pick up groups just blowing. Anyone else on midgard? I'm a 50 dark specced rm named Halendar if ya are :wavey:

19. Wthermans

As much as I loved DAoC's combat system (chains, positionals, reactives, etc). It's far too complex for the current MMO market and the crowd that WoW has brought into the genre. Other than achieving an niche market that DAoC did, a game built upon DAoC's combat would never be successful enough for a company to back the production of the game. That type of combat is dead in the water. :hsd:

20. agreed, sucks that WoW made things soooo much easier

21. mdisen

mdisen OT Supporter

This is probably the attitude a lot of developers have, and why they will keep making shitty WoW clones and failing with them.

22. what realm are you on?

23. Smork

Smork Active Member

I was on Guinevere. Stopped playing for now. All RL friends stopped. I might get back into it.

24. Dr. Magic

Dr. Magic Active Member

Heh, we started on Bors and moved to Mid/Guin shortly after the game came out when we saw that Guin had awesome RvR. I miss bolt range stun with no diminishing returns, Zerkers 1 shotting casters and PBAE!

RIP page full of killspam

25. NUDES

NUDES New Member

I loved DAOC back in the day. I had a pretty well known 'gank' guild (hib, lancelot) and it was a blast pre TOA. We played through TOA too, got all the good shit, took forever.. and still dominated PVP vs. top guilds but something felt missing. It was just, I donno, different.

It was a blast pre TOA trying to figure out how to beat savage+shaman+1 zerk+3 healer mid guilds. Once we figured it out we never lost to mids, ever really. Then after TOA, Albs become a pain in the ass but still rarely lost. Shit was fun as fuck.. only thing fun about TOA was our eld getting MOC + PBAE with me bodyguarding him and slaughtering tons of huge amounts of people.

We went to Mordred after trying TOA on our server for a bit and that was fun, but the game just kinda died for me after TOA.

I sold my account for $1450 LOL

The game sucked my fucking life away, it's for that reason I will never play another MMPORG again. Just not worth it.. MMPORGS depend on time played to be good, and I can't just fuck around when I play them.