MMA Dana White: Dan Henderson demanded to be "by far the highest-paid guy in the UFC"

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16585/dan...be-by-far-the-highest-paid-guy-in-the-ufc.mma

Dana White: Dan Henderson demanded to be "by far the highest-paid guy in the UFC"

by John Morgan on Oct 22, 2009 at 6:40 pm ET
    [​IMG]

LOS ANGELES – UFC fans hoping to hear a positive update on current free agent Dan Henderson's return to the UFC might not want to read any further.

At Thursday's UFC 104 pre-event press conference, UFC president Dana White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Henderson's financial demands are simply unrealistic.

"We're at a stalemate right now," White said. "The money that [Henderson] is asking for would make him by far the highest-paid guy in the UFC."

White initially told Yahoo! Sports less than a week ago that his negotiations with Henderson had failed and that "Hollywood" was close to signing with Strikeforce. Henderson then refuted those claims with several media outlets, insisting his contact with Strikeforce had simply been introductory in nature.

White today said a chance encounter on Wednesday night led him to believe perhaps the relationship was progressing.

"You know what's [expletive] hilarious?" White asked. "I went to dinner last night, and [Henderson's] lawyer and (Strikeforce CEO) Scott Coker are sitting at dinner together last night. I said, 'What are the [expletive] odds that out of every restaurant in L.A., the one that I go to, these guys are here?'"

White did say that Henderson still has an open invitation to rejoin the UFC, but the former PRIDE champion would need to accept the terms the UFC executive has offered – which he insists are better than anything the two-division contender will find on the open market.

"The negotiations are done," White said. "I made [Henderson] an offer, and I guarantee you the offer that I made him, Strikeforce can't pay."

So, at least for now, Henderson will remain on the outside of the promotion.

White has said in the past that he considers Henderson a friend, and the UFC president assured MMAjunkie.com that these failed negotiations won't stand in the way of the pair's personal relationship.

"I like Dan," White said with a smile. "We're totally cool. You'll never hear me say a bad thing about Dan Henderson, other than he's ugly, and that's just the truth."

2. Ghost of Swayze

Ghost of Swayze Ofcourse you mad

lol at the last line

3. El Rudo

El Rudo The Borinqueneers

4. ilduce

ilduce New Member

Dans Response

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  5. .Tim

.Tim New Member

Now I'm starting to wonder if this isn't some kind of big joke on us all after those comments.

6. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

why does Dana feel the need to publicly trash hendo through the media? maybe he thinks it's a way to give him more negotiating leverage, but he comes off as a dick and if I was hendo, i'd be pissed.

7. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

Wat

8. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

twat?

9. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Touch Pro: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en))

i cunt hear you

10. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

:rofl:

Always something funny when Dana talks.

11. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

cunt hair?

12. .Tim

.Tim New Member

He's talking shit and joking around they're friends. They talked the same way about each other and to each other in the past in video blogs and shit like that.

13. momentum

momentum CAN'T STOP THIS SON!

14. Mikael

Mikael OT Supporter

The money that [Henderson] is asking for would make him by far the highest-paid guy in the UFC

So he didnt demand to be the highest paid, he asked for an amount of money that happens to be higher than anyone else

15. BritishHumpingWitch

BritishHumpingWitch New Member

I don't think Dan Henderson's ugly.:love: