MMA Dana forcing Lidell to retire?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by VulgarTheClown, Apr 26, 2009.

1. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/55034-dana-white-reiterates-his-decision-force-liddell-retire.html

“Chuck Liddell is stupid rich. Chuck Liddell is done. He’s got nothing left to prove. He’s the most famous guy on Earth. I love him like a ******* brother and I don’t want to see him get hurt. There is no reason for it. He’s ******* 40 years old man. These guys that are fighting now are young, explosive, fast ******* kids who are well rounded mixed martial artists. There’s no ******* reason for Chuck Liddell to be out there at 40 years old still fighting. I don’t want to make a ******* nickel off that ever. Believe me, it will be a ******* war if he tries not to retire, believe me. I love him. He helped me build this business. We started when he was making five hundred and five hundred. And we had the dream of him becoming a big star and winning the title and making all kinds of money. We did it all man. We ******* did it all. We did it. We did it. It’s ******* over. He’s 40 years old, it is over. It was amazing that he was able to fight until he was 40. That’s what a bad motherfucker he was. He has nothing to prove to anybody, period. It’s over. We did everything that we set out to do. It has been an amazing run, its been fun. We did it together, we stayed loyal to each other the whole time and we did everything that we hoped to do and now its over. He can do it financially. And plus, I’m going to bring him into the organization in some other way and he’s still going to make money. He’s been loyal to me and I’ve been loyal to him and that’s not going to change now that he’s retiring. He’ll always be a part of the organization. He’ll take on another role, he’ll still make money and he’ll be with me until the day we die…. I always say is that I’ve built this business using the blueprint of boxing, what not to do. We know that you shouldn’t be fighting past your prime, you know?”

-UFC president Dana White talks to insidefighting.com about his reasoning behind forcing former UFC light-heavyweight champ and close friend, Chuck Liddell, to retire after his most recent loss to Mauricio “Shogun” Rua at this past weekend's UFC 97. Before the bout, White stated that Liddell would have to win and win convincingly for the opportunity to keep fighting for the promotion and now that he lost, White is adament that Liddell is retired. "The Iceman" wasn't quick to say he was retired at the post fight press conference as he said he would need a couple days to decide. Liddell's head trainer John Hackleman said that Liddell would have a decision in the next week. Dana White says Liddell is retired but does "The Iceman" have other ideas, we shall see in the coming days what Liddell's decision will be.

Chuck Liddell's UFC 97 loss was his fourth in his last five fights, with the other losses coming to Rashad Evans at UFC 88, Keith Jardine at UFC 76 and Quinton Jackson at UFC 71. If Liddell decides to retire then what a truly legendary career he had and he has nothing to be ashamed of as he has 21-7 overall MMA record, with notables wins over Tito Ortiz (2x), Randy Couture (2x), Vitor Belfort, Renato Sobral (2x), Wanderlei Silva, Jeff Monson and Alistair Overeem.

source: http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-new...-his-decision-to-force-Liddell-to-retire.html

2. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

yeah this happened after the fight.....aren't you supposed to be at work?

3. VulgarTheClown

I am at work but its dead as a shit and i bing my laptop with me.

My buddy told me about this so i posted it up. Sorry to post on topic in the MA forum and detract from all the trolling.

4. Sammo

Sammo New Member

where do you work right now

5. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

nah i wasn't complaining or nothing, just thought you had already been in the other thread. how's the weather down in FL?

6. VulgarTheClown

The Poorhouse

Downtown Ft. lauderdale

7. VulgarTheClown

Weather down here is starting to heat up. Day's been nasty hot nights been reasonable.

The humidity hasn't set in yet which is nice but it will be bad in the next month or so.

8. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

yeah when i used to live in FL it was always a bitch during the day, especially during the summer with the humidity. give me dry heat anyday.

9. VulgarTheClown

Dry heat is much better at least for comfort

10. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

o well hall of fame time

11. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

im lovin that dry heat now you humid mother fucker

12. Ghost of Swayze

Ghost of Swayze Ofcourse you mad

Danas right

13. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

I like how they edited out "fucker" and "fucking" 100 times but missed "motherfucker"

14. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

I think dana is looking out for his boy it would have been great if chuck could leave on a high note but he definately needs to retire or take a fucking break. Id like to see him make a couture come back but we will see what happens.

15. THE LIOG

THE LIOG EVVVVVVVVEERRYYOONNNNNNNE EEEEE

dana is one of those guys whose voice you can hear when you read their quotes

16. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

:roflw:

17. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I didn't even realize that until you mentioned it :bowrofl:. Chuck does need to retire.

18. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Chuck needs to stick to his godlike video game character.

19. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Hackleman doesn't agree with Dana, so I think this is going to get interesting

20. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

:bowrofl: you must really hate him

21. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

4 losses in his last 5 fights, with some brutal KO's thrown in there, and hes 40. Makes a pretty good case for retirement.

22. 007

007 Riden, sliden, whipin and dippin, my chrome strips

when will hackman think is a good time? when he is a cripple?

23. El Rudo

El Rudo The Borinqueneers

24. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

When Hackelman finds someone else who can contend for a UFC title and doesn't need Chuck to keep his name in the limelight.

Chuck can take his CPA and go work for the UFC in some executive capacity, make a bunch of money, and stay involved in the sport on the business end. And probably be the most intimidating MF'er at a negotiation.