COMIC Dan Slott on downloading comics

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by axio, Apr 3, 2007.

1. axio

axio New Member

2. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

:embd:

as much as i download comics, I still buy them :o

3. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

I just download. :o
    otherwise I wouldn't be into them at all.

4. boomdaddy246

boomdaddy246 New Member

Dude ok. I download comics. A LOT. I probably have at LEAST 20GB on my hard drive of just comics. The thing is though, I DL all these back issues and old stories, enjoy them, then go buy the new releases.

Is that wrong?

I don't have the money to go out and buy the hundreds of trade paperbacks worth of comics I have DL'd, but I've got plenty of money to "support the industry" and buy new comics.

Something catches my eye in the shop? Go home, read some reviews, DL some back issues, then go buy the new ones as they come out. I don't find anything wrong with that. Dude's just pissed b/c come on......Who reads She-Hulk? :dunno:

5. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

This is how I look at it: There are two types of people who download comics. Type A is the guy who just wants something fun to read, but would never actually buy a comic. Type B is the guy who is looking for something good to try, and then buys the good comic while retaining a budget to "cast a vote."

Type A is someone like me right now. I'm broke. I can't possibly buy a comic. But in 4 years, when I have cash flow again, I will be able to continually read the comics I've enjoyed in hardcopy due to cash. Take away the downloads, and I fall out; climbing back in is hard to do sometimes, especially during events like IC or CW.

Type B is the person who will say "hey, this Invincible series is cool. I'm gonna buy it!" This person is effectively buying more comics now. Also, if they're wanting to try new things, the alternative to downloading is to buy new comics; this is 1 less comic he can buy that he would surely love. If he can sample the comics for free, he can then more effectively let the publishers know what comics he supports by buying only those comics he supports.

Either way, the industry is not suffering for this.

6. Kurt Wagner

Kurt Wagner New Member

She-Hulk :mamoru:

7. Jesterkiller

Jesterkiller ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?

i d/l them because the nearest comic store is an hour from me. so i cant go every week like i want to. ever comic i d/l is in my pull file at the comic shop :mamoru:

8. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

I buy everything I download. That's how I know if I want to buy them or not. He needs to STFU.

9. Brain-Sprain

Brain-Sprain New Member

holy hypocrite