damnit. where am i going wrong?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Huron War Party, Jul 26, 2007.

1. ok, i've known this girl for about 3 years. met her once during my last days in high school, and we stayed in touch only on aim. over the years i've played the asshole card online and have deliberately said "no" several times when she wanted me to call her. yet, she's changed her screen names ridiculously and always insists on keeping in touch with me. so on monday, she makes contact and instantly tries to start a conversation, then suddenly she says "you'd be to happy to know i broke up with my boyfriend," so i'm thinking hellyes. she goes on about some family problems and i give her some advice, but not too much directly (trying to stay away from the dreaded friendzone). i finally ask in a smooth way for her a number, and she replies "i don't feel like talking to anybody on the phone right now," so i said alright that's fine, maybe someother time. she responds, "don't you have my number already?" i answer no, and she gives it to me.

alright, so now, normally after i get a girl's number, i use it as a self-esteem booster and forget about it. so i think i unintentionally pulled it again this time and stopped replying to her - so she just signed off. i react by blocking her :hs:

2 days later (last night) i call her up around 9pm, and she plays the "who's this?" game - something's fishy. shit like, "tell me who it is before i hang up" "i'm serious, who is this", i even reveal my name and she's says "chris who?!" - at this point i'm berserk, and she finishes off with a "i can't really talk right now i'm busy" so i'm like alright, whatever (while she's apparently apologizing) and hang up on her. she texts me a few minuters later, although i got the text 2 hours later, saying:
    "Sorrrrry. I'm with daniel right now (the guy she broke up with on monday), you got me in troubleeee"

fuck it, i respond, "i'd be lying if i said i was sorry."

she hasn't responded yet. how should this situation work out?

cliffs: girl breaks up with her boyfriend, gives me her number, i call her 2 days later, she play's the "who's this/i'm busy" game, then texts me after

2. arseclown

arseclown Guest

she breaks up wtih a guy, goes into 'rebound-whore-mode', you get her number, and when you call her she's back with her bf doing stuff and gets mad at you?

:ugh2:

sounds too dumb for my liking. move along.

3. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Are you like 15 years old?

4. yeah, seriously. i don't know if it's the caliber of her stupidity, or if she's just being a radical, spineless bitch

Negative.

5. julia!

julia! New Member

i have an idea. walk away. sounds like a good idea to me!

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

1. You sound like a real douche what with trying to "play it cool" with her. Come on man, you played the "asshole card" for 3 years with her...online :rofl: Like that means anything. Then she finally goes out of her way to tell you she is single, that she has been thinking about you...and you block her? Are you sure you aren't still in high school?

2. It's evident that she's not the brightest girl anyhow. It's obvious that by her telling you (the night she gave you her #) she didn't feel like talking that she didn't really want to talk to you at the moment. She is still not over her boyfriend, but just wanted validation from you that you liked her. By you ignoring her that night she basically said "oh well!" and went back to her boyfriend.

Either way, I don't see the loss in this. She sounds young, stupid, and full of drama. Whereas you need a reality check in what is the cool way to get a girl interested in you.

7. i blocked her after she signed off. that way we wouldn't talk inbetween the "2 day rule"

why do i need to find out what's a "cool way" to get girls to notice me? getting noticed is not my problem - so stop trying to make me feel like an enemy :ugh:

i understand now, that she wanted validation from me, but i wasn't expecting her to be back with her boyfriend within two days.. bad guessing by me; my question is, what should i do now? she hasn't responded - so should i take the initiative to call (she'll probably let it go to voicemail), text, or instant message her?

i know it sounds juvenile because this involves aim, but i don't go out of my way to purposely pick up chicks from myspace/aim, so this is kind of foreign to me

8. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

don't waste your time on her.

9. fuck, she hit me up, asked me what i was doing and apologized the other night, again. i replied "whatever" and "good luck in life" followed by a block.
    childish - i know, but i'm not looking for friends nor should i waste my time on on some girl who apparently runs back to her boyfriend within a day.

10. speedy

speedy New Member

You know what....FUCK THAT. don't play games like that, it'll only get worse. cut your losses, cut contact with her.

edit: just read your post right above mine. right on :cool:

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

she has a low interest level in you, and/or she is intentionally using tactics to get your attention

12. jpolakowski

jpolakowski New Member

Wow! You sound like a real nice guy!

When girls talk to me I talk back, even if they aren't that attractive! Just because I'm a nice guy and don't want to play the asshole card on AIM for 3 years.

13. Propaganda

Propaganda New Member

Oh shit I can't stop laughing! LOL

14. jpolakowski

jpolakowski New Member

Plus you never know they may turn out to be models and one day remember me for talking to them when no other guy did :x::x:

15. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Why would you even bother asking what to do next? This girl is worth no ones time.

16. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I like that. I'm adding that to my lexicon.

17. whoa, whoa, whoa. i didn't say that 'online asshole card' noise just to get respect and seem tough. i figured maybe someone with similar experience could help me and share their perspective. so shut the fuck up faggots

Mod Edit:
    This is not the main forum, you are being warned, as I see you didn't read the rules. Let's try this again. Read this and come back in here and be nice or it's a ban.

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3326299

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2007
  18. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Does this look like the main forum to you?

ibban

19. This is not the main forum, you are being warned, as I see you didn't read the rules. Let's try this again. Read this and come back in here and be nice or it's a ban.

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3326299