SRS Damnit. What should I do.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DrK_Mrk_iV, Jun 11, 2005.

1. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

To make a long situation short:

My younger sister got pregnant by this loser. Turns out their kid has Cerable Paulsy (sp). She is 18 and just graduated, and the kid is about 4 months old. I am also 18 and just graduated. Turns out the other night he cheats on her with another girl. My damn neighbor and very good friend (and a lot of other people I know) saw him do it. He doesn't support the child at all and blows money on his car. What should I do? They tell me not to confront him because I will probably lose it. I think I am being calm about it. Any suggestions?

2. gourmizz

gourmizz New Member

tough situation, maybe you can tell your parents and they will help raise the child while your sister goes to more school or works.

3. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

They know as well. I am talking about what should I do about him personally.

4. gourmizz

gourmizz New Member

well, call him up and ask him straight up "what the fuck is up" then just go on with the convo calmly, dont get pissed off just try to talk with him and ask him if he is going to be the father of his child.

5. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

It isn't that simple. I want to confront him face to face.

6. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

I don't think confronting him will accomplish anything. Their relationship won't last, support your sister and be a good uncle to the baby. (BTW, sp can't be diagnosed until a child is two years old.)

7. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Yeah I don't see how confrontation will make the situation better. A deadbeat will remain a deadbeat.

Help your sister in a more productive way...occasional babysitting, comfort & support. She'll have many rough times.

8. teo

teo . => ? => !

How's the loser's relationship with his parents? How are the parents themselves? I find that if I really want someone to take the hint, the best way to achieve that without being an asshole is to apply pressure from all sides. In other words, while the loser may dismiss your concerns when coming from you alone, he will find them harder to dismiss if he hears it from your sister, your parents, his parents and his friends. The more he values the opinions of the people he hears it from, the more he's likely to cave. If that fails, there's always court to extract child support. :dunno:

Although I'm sure you're itching to smash his face to a beaten pulp, please don't. There may be a chance he'll grow out of his immaturity, and besides, you want to make him support his daughter, not hate his in-laws.

As for the kid, get a second opinion. Misdiagnoses happen all the time. If it does in fact turn out to be cerebral palsy, educate yourself on the condition. Many people with cerebral palsy go on to lead fairly normal lives, depending on the severity of their condition and whether it was congenital or not (it can also be caused by the birthing process). Here's a relatively short read that should get you started: http://gait.aidi.udel.edu/res695/homepage/pd_ortho/clinics/c_palsy/cpweb.htm

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

This definitly is a dead horse situation. The kid is already on the surface of this planet, and no matter how much you are going to beat a dead horse it will remain dead. I think that is an essential factor to consider in this case.

The best thing you can do is to distantiate yourself from this situation, you clearly are feeling responsible or something for your sisters actions. Clearly you are too late , and cannot and should not be involved into private affairs like this. The kid is spastic, and will be a financial burden to her for the rest of her life, it will be her ever lasting memory to that guy and quite frankly, she easily let the doom come into her front door, but it won't leave as easy as it came in.

Now demons are everywhere if you know what i mean. That guy won't take responsibility, and there's no way you can force him, he isn't married to her or something. This guy is less then responsible in his opinion and could care less either.

Listen your sister is doomed with this situation, unless she adopts the child or something then she has lost her freedom in her life. But the child is a human being too, and should be taken care off.

10. JustinH

JustinH New Member

holy fuck. Abortion is very appropriate here, I hope its not too late!

edit- i see that the kid is 4 months old, yeah thats a little too late.

Wowzers.

11. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

Not when a portion of the kid's brain is missing. He got kicked out of his houes and is bumming off other people.

12. Bleed

Bleed New Member

Man, tough situation dude. I wouldn't do anything personally. I would try to side with your sister. The key is to not get your sister mad at you, but you need to carefully get her to quit being a dumbass and to open her eyes. Eventually she will realize this guy is a loser and then take measures to get him out of her life but until then, you should just let her fix her own life if possible.

13. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

Been trying that for the last year haha. I'll update later on though. Totally lost on what to do...