Damnit my MacBook hasn't come in yet :mad:

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DjShiznit, Mar 7, 2006.

1. DjShiznit

DjShiznit Representing Deutschland, yah.

This waiting sucks ass. I use to work at CompUSA, and one of my former co-workers offered to buy my MacBook and the warranties for me at cost (saving me a good $400-500 or so). They've had 2 on order, which were supposed to come in on Thursday. It's now Monday and they're still not there :mad: The anticipation is killing me. That is all.

/rant

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

uh, at least your getting one...?

3. iceburgslim

iceburgslim Guest

...at a hefty discount!

4. Interlude

Interlude New Member

I want one :hs:

5. DjShiznit

Well turns out the friend that was gonna buy it for me walked out last week :mad: So I just paid retail for it. I'm gonna come back in a couple weeks and get the screen damage protection (compusa) and applecare, then get a 1gb stick of ram for it (seems to run good so far with 512mb). I also ordered a customer fitted sleve from sfbags.com, and should get that shortly. So far I'm really happy with it. The display is lightyears ahead of my 600mhz ibook's in terms of brightness, contrast, and sharpness. Still working on transfering all my data - will need to procure a firewire cable soon. :hs:

6. skelm

skelm New Member

put mine on order saturday :big grin: Sounds like everyone is pretty impressed so far :big grin:

7. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

:wavey: used to work at compusa... discounts are actually better than any competing retail establishment :bigthumb: warranty is actually pretty good, too. do they still cover screen damage? :cool:

edit: didn't see that your friend hosed you :sad2:

8. DjShiznit

Yeah, they still cover screen damage. The coverage is pretty expensive though. I can get a "laptop kit" which is their extended warranty and screen protection, but I'm NOT going to let their "apple techs" touch my laptop - fuck that. I'd be better off repairing it myself MacGyver style with jb weld and rubber bands. Maybe I can find someone to buy the coverages for me. A $2000 laptop would have drawn too much attention, and I didn't want to risk getting anyone fired.

9. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

they send it to apple if it breaks within the first year :dunno: our apple techs were pretty good (I worked in the service dept.). But yeah I've been to some bumfuck compusas and I see where you're coming from

10. specialkz

specialkz New Member

i just walked into my local apple store and got one today. they seem to be available at most places now (tysons corner, va if anyone's in the area)