GUN Damned Waiting Periods v.TheWaitIsOver

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by EvilSS, Mar 4, 2006.

1. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Damned camera is being a bitch so only a few pics. Brought this home Monday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beretta Cougar 8040 INOX. :wiggle: This has always been one of my favorite Beretta's so when I saw it in the case while I was in doing the paperwork on my lower I snapped it up. Can't wait to get it to the range.

While I'm at it some bonus pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P229 DAK in .40 S&S. My favorite of my two Sigs to shoot. I love-love-love the DAK trigger. Think my next Sig is going to be a 220C DAK.

[​IMG]

My 96FS right after I got it, essentially stock.

[​IMG]

Same 96FS today. Added the Hogues (of course), skeletonized hammer, Buffer tech recoil buffer and SS guide rod, and a competition spring. Also polished up the hammer contact surfaces. Has a very nice trigger pull now. I've got metal replacements for the trigger, lanyard loop/spring cap, and mag release on the way. Once those are on the only plastic on it will be the left-side safety/decocker lever. All metal FTW :bigthumb:

2. mrbill

mrbill New Member

nice lookin guns

3. Wizard of Poz

Wizard of Poz New Member

Beautiful sig. How do you like the beretta? I never really hear people brag about them much. Anyways youre pretty lucky. Waiting here is 10 full 24 hour periods. :eek:

4. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

I haven't had a chance to shoot the Cougar yet but they are considered to be one of Beretta's best pistols so I am looking forward to taking it out. The 96FS is fun to shoot and accurate as hell: after the mods. Before the spring and polishing the trigger was very stiff and rough. My biggest gripe with the 96 is the finish. It's not very durable or very good looking. I'll probably end up having the slide refinished someday. I think it would look sweet with just a flat black phosphate finish. The stock finish reminds me of latex house paint (both in looks and durability). Or maybe I'll run into an INOX slide for it and turn it into a 2-tone. Meh, it's my ricer gun.

5. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

I never liked berettas, but those are effin sweet