Damn stop errors....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Original Username, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Original Username

Original Username New Member

Here's my rig:
    3800+ X2
    7800GT eVGA
    2 gigs ram
    Asus A8n-sli premium
    Standard mobo sound
    500 watt power supply

I've been getting random stop errors (screen goes blue with text on screen and instantly restarts my computer). I can't read what the errors say because it goes away too soon. There's no particular activity that causes this to happen. I could be playing a game or browsing the web, or watching a movie and it would flash the blue screen quickly and restart. I don't even know where to start with this issue. It's plagued me the whole time I've had this computer. I've reformatted multiple times since I've built it and this occurs each time period between reformats. Usually it happens once every week or so and I don't care much but it has happened at least five times today. Twice while playing half life 2, once while watching a Band of Brothers DVD, and the rest while browsing the web. If anyone knows any info about this issue, please help me. I have a feeling that this is a driver issue. Thanks guys.

2. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

The gear sounds pretty solid to me, but the first thing that comes to mind is whether you ever updated the motherboard bios.

Also, did you ever try to clear the cmos?

3. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

check the system event log (run eventvwr from start/run) for the stop code and google it.

4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Right click on My Computer, go to properties, advanced, and then startup and recovery settings. Un-click automatically restart. Next time you get the error the machine will halt on the blue screen.

You can usually google to stop code or message to see what it means and how to fix it.

5. Sphere

Sphere New Member

Run a memory stability tester and a CPU tester.