SRS Damn society and it's effects on us concerning man/woman problems! (I have a lump)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TheOutlawTorn, Feb 3, 2010.

1. TheOutlawTorn

TheOutlawTorn New Consequence Machine

My nipple has been tender and the area around it has been sore and it hurts to push on and around the area. There is a noticeable "firmness" behind it. It's embarrassing.

The only reason it's embarrassing is because a "guy" is not supposed to have "problems" with his breasts. It's a "girl" problem.

My intent is going to be discussing this with my doctor and taking it from there.

I guess I'm just venting about my intitial shock and first thoughts. :o

2. erynne936

erynne936 my av is a car, but i'm a girl. stop calling me b OT Supporter

That does suck. It's a scary experience for anyone and to have to have it complicated or feel like you can't get support because of your gender isn't fair. My doctor found a lump in my breast a couple of months ago and after an anxiety-filled day and my first super fun mammogram it was found to be just a cyst filled with fluid. Apparently these are common in women and can come and go. I don't know if there's anything similar for men. Good luck to you, I hope it is not anything serious.

3. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

You realize that men can get breast cancer, although it's just rare, right? When the pink is out, so is the blue, FYI.

You should probably get it checked out by your doctor. Regardless on funny it sounds, it really isn't when it's concerning your health.

4. Leaden Grudge

Leaden Grudge OT Supporter

yea, just sounds like a cyst

5. 7960

7960 New Member

this post is a perfect example of why nobody should ever post medical shit on a web forum.

6. tan koi

tan koi Guest

dude, why do you give a fuck?

i had a pilonidal cyst (lump on my ass) and i simply went in and said i wanted it taken care of. i had a giant hole in my ass for four weeks as a result. now it's gone. docs aren't gonna laugh, and it's nobody else's concern, only your own.

7. scent of a wookie

scent of a wookie OT Supporter

it's most likely Gynecomastia, basically glandular tissue under your nipple

it is much more common than you think (I actually have it), but I do feel your pain because it can be embarrassing

surgery is an option, but that depends on alot of variables

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The drummer of kiss also experienced it, it initially gives the shamefull feeling of 'are you a woman or something?' which is why men dread going to the doctor for something like this. However you should not hold it against yourself, afteral no one asks to get a horrible disease. Definitly see the doctor and get help.

9. verbal

verbal Active Member

I had the same issue. When I was an early teen, my left nipple had this firmness behind it, but no pain. It freaked me out. Went to the doctor and he told me that since my body was going through changes, parts still didn't know if I was male or female. The lump was a mammary gland or something like that.

Went away a week or so later.

10. Leaden Grudge

Leaden Grudge OT Supporter

:rolleyes: he's already going to the doctor, I wasn't try to dissuade him from that. Just telling him not to worry about it in the meantime.

11. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

12. Sooka

Sooka New Member

I have a cyst on my ass and it hurts like a bitch every time I sit down on it. :o