DACP > GOD

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Don_Rumsfeld, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

This is DACP done by hand with 3 aplications. Applied in manner as described in scott's sticky. Used a Pure Carnuba (Wax factory) on top of it. I'll get some S100 once I run out of this stuff. The car was clayed several months ago.

Trunk before (After Wash)

[​IMG]

Trunk After

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roof closeup before

[​IMG]

After DACP 3 applications by hand - Applied with terry cloth, buffed off with microfiber.

[​IMG]

After DACP and Carnuba 3 applications by hand - Applied with terry cloth, buffed off with microfiber. Roof

[​IMG]

BTW the above roof looks a little pail because it is reflecting a white ceiling on my carport. Notice how great it reflects the bricks.

I'm hooked :bowdown: If I got it this good by hand I'm gonna invest in a porter cable unit and see if I can get a little more out of this paint.

2. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

I was gonna go over the DACP with some SFP but I couldn't find it locally and I forgot to order it from autogeeks. But the DACP didn't leave any noticeabble swirls marks and I worked it in pretty hard in some spots.

3. Chopstick80

Chopstick80 New Member

Man! Good job! I haven't used DACP yet, but I plan on to. Your arm must be tired though, I know mines would be after 3 applications. Your right arm is probably so big now that it looks like you are a :wackit: expert!...LOL...j/k man.

~Nightcrawler~

4. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

yeah I was amazed with the results. The paint is still heavily scarred but is 200% better than it was.

I agreed with scott that the clear was failing but apparently the clear is still putting up the good fight.

There was definately some sort of "Gunk" on the roof as the first application of DACP turned black and gummy as I worked it in and it came off black. Almost like industrial fallout.

And yes, my right arm is about to fall off I had to pop an aleve rofl. I'll wait a month or two and hit it again with some more DACP - then Vanilla moose - then some S100.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

That is a massive improvement! Looks like you can get some more time out of the paint job after all!

6. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Don't forget where you heard it first. ;)

7. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

Yeah, there is still some pretty good mineral etching and some little white spots. You guys think I should try something a little heavier than DACP? Or just do some more DACP when it's time to wax again?

8. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

if you get something more abrasive than DACP you have to watch for clearcoat failure.

9. dan avoN7

dan avoN7 New Member

is it a good idea to do DACP multiple times or just do it once then move on the SWP one time then wax. Since i am doing it all by hand will i get better results doing DACP twice?

10. Tex

Tex Now with avatar™

I have a further question for the experts on this, as I just did my dark blue metallic car with the Mothers' 3 step products (it was in depserate need of a good polish and wax, and I figured I'll re-do it soon with the top shelf stuff), and there are quite a lot of what appear to be watermarks or something in the clearcoat that weren't removed.

Would DACP be likely to get rid of these, and out of interest, how many applications of DACP could you do on your average clearcoat before you wore through?

EDIT: And someone tell the dudes at Porter Cable to make one of their units for 220-240 VAC! :x:

11. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

DACP is about as strong as you can use by hand. The abrasives are buffered so it breaks down pretty quickly, so on bad paint, two passes often work better than one. DACP should take out most water spots, but if it is acid rain etching, not really anything you can do.

12. Tex

Tex Now with avatar™

Cheers Scott. My car was from Japan, so possibly acid rain could be what caused it (I think they get that there) - is there any way to tell? There seems to be no marring to the actual surface of the clearcoat itself, just these semi-transparent marks internally...

13. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

I think I'm gonna order some meguiars 2000 grit paper and try it on a small area of the roof. The etched water spots can be felt with your fingertips so they are above the normal clearcoat level. A buddy of mine just wetsanded his bird with some 2000 grit and it came out good.