A&P da goose

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by lemans23, Feb 16, 2005.

1. lemans23

lemans23 PV - The Vision of Sound

[​IMG]

sorry for terrible quality, the people put scratch marks on the negatives, did my best to clean it up. critique please?

2. lemans23

3. SpiderOnTheFloor

SpiderOnTheFloor New Member

i dont know about it...the picture looks like it could be interesting but it just doesn't strike me as impressive..sorry, i really hate saying that but i must speak the truth..too much dead space maybe

4. Romulus Cogswell

Romulus Cogswell New Member

Definitely too much dead space. Plus as you said it is not of the best quality. The background is a solid grey with absolutely zero detail.

5. lemans23

IT WOULDN"T HAVE BEEN IF THOSE FAGS AT THE SHOP HADN'T PROCESSED THE FILM WITH THEIR BARE HANDS, AND THUS I WOULDN'T HAVE TO DESATURATE THE MOTHER TO GET RID OF THE SMUDGES

/rant

but i mean, is it a good idea?

6. mojito

mojito New Member

We need to work on the scanning and resizing proccess. Look at the goose, its got major issues. you can see the pizels are messed up. There were some issues if I remember right with the last ones too, so if you post what proccess you're doing, maybe we can help. The Dualscan shouldn't have that problem.

As far as the pic itself, it could work if there was alittle more color and some intresting lighting, like a realy foggy day or some very early morning light or late evening light. It'd add more depth and give a surreal effect. If it was just a middle of the day shot it'll look kinda bland

You might try an online proccessing service. Snapfish for example if you can't get what you want locally

7. videoholic

videoholic New Member

I have to assume the point of the empty space is to show the goose is alone. I like that.

The color, saturation and lighting doesn't have much to be desired, but there are many variables here since it wasn't digital.

8. lemans23

k i put it ini the lil 35mm stick, set the job at 1024*768, prescan it at best quality, fix up the pics as bst i could with the included stuff, final scan to 1024*768 in lowest compression jpeg. theres always these lines across the negs and i can see fingerprints. unless fingerprints can get through CS gloves, then its their fault (my cousin is a forensic detective and he sent me a pair of these white gloves that he says they use when investigating a scene)