Da Ali G show

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by FstrungUCoutT, Jun 22, 2004.

1. I know this isn't Movies or DVDs but I just saw the commercial last night.

Da Ali G show is coming back to HBO on July 18th. Anyone else super excited for a new season?? I thought the show was hilarious.

2. Hansel

Hansel OT Supporter

:rofl:

I love that show, can't wait for the new season.

3. bitchtits

bitchtits Guest

What is the show based around?

I saw him host the MTV European music awards a few years ago, and I thought his "Look at me, I'm so gangster!" act wore out quickly.

4. The whole "Look at me, I'm so gangster!" act isn't supposed to be taken seriously. His real name is Sacha Cohen. Supposedly the guy is really smart, I've heard he went to Oxford. But the idea is that his main character "Ali G" is a wanna-be gangster. That's his main persona on the show, obviously. That character does a couple of things. He interviews pretty important politicians usually but asks them questions like "what was it like to walk on the sun?" to Buzz Aldrin or asking the ex-head of the FBI to think back to the grassy knoll and then asking "who really shot JR?". He purposely screws up the questions but makes it seem like he's trying to ask serious questions. Its pretty funny. My favorite character though is Borat. He's supposed to be a journalist from Kazakhstan who was sent to America to report of American life. You really need to see it to appreciate the humor in this. My favorite was when he was trying a dating service and the woman asked him what he's looking for in a woman. One of the things he said was that she should be "tight..........like a man's anus". The look on the woman's face was priceless. Its good stuff, you should check it out. The new season starts in two weeks.

5. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

:werd: the man is a genius, and a remarkable improvisational actor to get the responses he tries to by misdirecting questions... how you can ask the stupid shit his characters ask and not crack up is beyond me :rofl:

6. Quikstep

Quikstep New Member

This week's episode was hilarious.
    Do you think Saddam Hussein was making BLTs?

7. BigJake

BigJake New Member

woohoo. I love Ali G. I have some recorded and dled.

has a dvd of the 1st season come out, or will one?

8. kjinvan

kjinvan Guest

I just ordered all of his movies on dvd code 1 north america, very rare, e bay style...

I sure hope they come. :)

9. BigJake

BigJake New Member

cool. gonna have to look into that.

10. haku

haku OT Supporter

what was the episode where the guy is talking about weed (in the HBO commercial?!??) and ali go goes 'so what are the negative effects'?!?