A&P D70 prices for UK

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ElDude, Jul 26, 2004.

1. ElDude

ElDude Hiya!

I've been hunting around and have found a site www.equipmentexpress.co.uk that stocks the D70 for £719 (body only). Looking around this seems to be £80 cheaper than everywhere else, and if I get the kit (Body + Nikon 8-70 lens + 1gb Microdrive) it's £1039.98.

Now I'm not currently in a position to buy it, but plan on buying it in the next few months, so in a pre emptive nooby question fest I thought I'd ask peoples opinions on this kit and price. I'm hoping/expecting the price to drop a little by the time I've got the cash which would allow me to buy some more bits n bobs for the setup.

I know the camera is very decent having read a few reviews on it, and have decided upon this one as it suits me to the ground.

So, is it a good price?
    Is the lens any good (I'm a total novice so anything would probably do :big grin:) and if not what would you suggest? I've just noticed that Nikon have released a new lens that has some vibration adjustment technology incorporated into it, but I'd imagine the cost will be prohibitive for me. AF-S VR Nikkor is the name of the lens www.nikon.co.uk has some info on it (unsuprisingly :p).
    What tripod would you recommend forthe D70 (and whatever else I'd need for the tripod).

Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting links or indeed this thread, but I'm dying to know from actual users what they feel is best for this camera.

Thanking you kindly

:)

2. ElDude

ElDude Hiya!

Nobody have any info for me?

:(