A&P d50 value?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by fukijama1, Jul 27, 2008.

1. fukijama1

fukijama1 OT Supporter

just sold my 18-70mm lens now im left with a d50 body. how much is this worth. lcd has a screen protector since day 1. no scratches or dings on body. will include a 1gb sandisk ultra, original battery and quick charger.
    thanks

2. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

Body in good condition with what you have is probably like $350-$400 on eBay.

I just sold my D50 in mint condition, 3x's 2GB Ultra II's, 1X's 1GB Ultra II, Lowepro AW case, and generic UV filter for ~$500.

3. QWIKSNK

QWIKSNK New Member

Some guy in the main forum bought a body + kit lens for 350

4. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

That's an incredible deal honestly...

I played with the D40, D40x, and D60 and they honestly are crap compared to the D50.

5. fukijama1

fukijama1 OT Supporter

i hate selling on ebay...they take too much + paypal fees...anyways thanks for the input i have a price range to work with.

6. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

Yeah go with Craigslist

Don't bother trying to sell here on OT.

7. Curren$y

Curren$y New Member

to each his own. I have had both and i absolutely love my d40. The screen is amazing and the image processing is noticeably better than the d50. So easy to navigate too. A small downside is no top view lcd but i have gotten used to just lookin at the lcd screen. 18-55 & 55-200 is all i need. But i understand that i am not everyone and i can totally see & understand how one would hate the d40 and not touch it over a d50.

8. Curren$y

Curren$y New Member

but yeah there is a d50 body on CL for 290 here in seattle

9. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

It's really not...

10. Curren$y

Curren$y New Member

http://www.digitalreview.ca/Content/Nikon-D40-versus-D50-versus-Pentax-K110D-K100D.shtml

:confused:

also the 5 way nav switch in the back is 10 times better than the one on the 50. I didn't really think it mattered whenever i played around with the d40 or borrowed it but after spending all day hitting those buttons it really helps. i just feel like the only thing the d50 has over the 40 is the ability to use older af lenses. If you have an 18-200vr then who cares :naughty:

11. vbp6us

vbp6us New Member

That was me. I got the display model (nearly new as it wasn't handled too much). And that included a 2 year protection agreement. :bigthumb:

12. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

I've had mine on CL with 18-55 for a month at 525, no bites yet, but i'd prefer to keep it as a backup rather than let it go for any less.

ive surprisingly had a few offers and people backed out last minute. just listed it again today, maybe i'll catch one this time.

13. fukijama1

fukijama1 OT Supporter

trying to sell my d50 body..i already sold the 18-70mm lens tried to sell it as a kit...but no bite. i would try CL but i live in the middle of nowhere

14. QWIKSNK

QWIKSNK New Member

thats pretty sweet, I dunno how Nikons number photos, but can you tell the actuations on the shutter (if your photos start out at something like IMG_5026, it probably has that many actuations)?

I really am not concerned with it, I have over 40k shots in 6 months (99.8% of them are junk, and I have learned a lot, which means more than anything) there are some people with over 200K (I read the other day with some having over 400k on the original shutter) but its only a few hundred to replace.

If my shutter ever does start to act up, Ill just upgrade, when I get my new body, send the old one in for repair, and it will make a nice backup body.

15. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

middle of nowhere means what. I'm sure it's worth a shot since craigs is free.

16. fukijama1

fukijama1 OT Supporter

true

17. QWIKSNK

QWIKSNK New Member

yea, if its in the middle of no where, less people selling = more demand?

you could also try www.fredmiranda.com for a quick sale (although I think it costs money to buy and sell on that forum)

otherwise, im sure there are a few nikon forums to list it on. And really, if you list it for for like $5 or $10 less than what most people are asking, it will be gone in a minute.

for some reason people love sales, even if it is a miniscule amount of money