A&P *D50 crew* Autofocus stops working sometimes.....

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ///M, Apr 27, 2007.

1. ///M

///M New Member

and the only way to get it working again is to pull the lens off and put it back on. switching the lens/body to MF and back to AF does nothing.

Is this normal? It's done it about 6-7 times in the past few days that i've owned it. If not normal, what is causing the problem? the lens or the body?

2. ///M

///M New Member

kit lens btw

3. Traitor

Traitor New Member

Never happened to mine, you got a different lens to test it out? if not head on over to wolf camera they would be more then willing to let you use one of their lenses.

4. ///M

///M New Member

no lenses yet. the thing is, it might work fine with another lens testing it out at a store, but the rate this happens at is pretty random (i.e. it doesn't happen at any specific point after using the camera or adjusting settings or anything) :hsd: i suppose it's worth a shot though

5. 1.8

1.8 Guest

Just try my lens next week

6. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

what do you mean by stops working? Like it tries to focus but won't or the motor simply doesn't move the focus ring?

7. 1.8

1.8 Guest

Also when it does that, try to put the focus spot on something blatantly contrasting and see if it works then, cause it might be possible that every once in a while you're trying to focus on something that has little contrast and the camera is giving you a big FUCK YOU, and you just don't realize it. DSLR auto focus is pretty different from that of a PS camera.

8. ///M

///M New Member

doesn't do anything. if i switch it to manual focus when it's in this state of not autofocusing, it takes a picture just fine. when in AF, however, it decides to not take a pic because it isn't in focus (and isn't trying to focus either)

9. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

never had that problem

10. ///M

///M New Member

a friend of mine is saying it's the lens :dunno: I'd have normally taken it back by now, but the camera is an open box ($400). hopefully i can go back and see if they can swap out the lens with another one or a d40 floor model :x:

11. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

Make sure the connections are good :dunno: