A&P d300 went skiing today

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by xconverge, Feb 2, 2009.

1. xconverge

xconverge OT Supporter

First try at this, I am happy with them but would love some critique and what I can try to improve upon next time. Really not motivated to PP them much now, I am sure that it would be easy to PP much better than these, you are welcome to take a stab at it if you are bored. I wanted it to look like snow but also pop and be interesting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

by the way here is my setup:

[​IMG] with [​IMG]

This worked awesome, it took ~5 seconds to get the camera out and ready to shoot, I didn't hold up my friends at all. I skiied glades and bumps all day and felt like the camera was very safe and protected. I was extremely happy with the ease of skiing with it on. Just brought the d300 with 50 1.8+rubber hood. Next time I might try a 35 or 12-24 I just don't think the action shots will be as good.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. HighTachPres

HighTachPres New Member

myeh.. i suggest get lower to the ground

3. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

I'd try to get in tighter as well.

4. xconverge

xconverge OT Supporter

would you try a 50 or 35? It is hard to get in tighter when my friends just want to brap down the slopes and don't have any idea what I am dealing with. I told them where to go and they would forget haha.

I agree that getting lower or more interesting angles would be much more interesting. I think I was to worried about exposure to think about composition durrrr