D-Link Router + webcam = nil

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Genesis98, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Genesis98

Genesis98 Guest

I have 3 different webcams and neither of them want to work with this router, and let me get through anybody have a clue why this is I've tried several programs and neither have worked the router is a Dlink DI-704 latest firmware. Can anybody help? :wtc:

2. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

What do you mean "work with this router"? Can you describe exactly what you're trying to do and what the symptoms of the problem you're having are?

3. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Yeah, really - I mean the first thing I would try is use it without the router, that will tell you if it's your computer or the router.

4. The Bastard

The Bastard Guest

I fought and pleaded with my router for over a week til it magically worked one day. ATleast make sure youv'e done all you should like port forwarding, then just pray.

5. Genesis98

Genesis98 Guest

sorry guys for not replying sooner, So anyway I've checked everything before the webcams work fine they just can't get through my router for some reason.

Using WC2k *webcam 2000* software. If I just go through the ADSL modem the webcam works fine and people can see me no problem but when I use the router I can't "get out".

6. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

you're not trying to stream video are you? WC2K can't stream video.

You are giving people http://your.ip.goes.here:8080 as the place to view the images right?

7. Supadoggie

Supadoggie I ♥ my doggah

Dlink routers have a built in firewall.. most likely you need to do some port forwarding to get teh webcam to work

8. Davan

Davan Guest

Go into virtual server, type in 8888 for a service port, enter you machine's IP for the server ip, and enable it.

9. skinjob

skinjob Active Member

Make sure you've selected the correct sound source. The logitechs have built-in mics, so you need to choose that or your sound card.

If you have XP (or Win2K?) and you're using one of Microsofts programs like Messenger or Netmeeting, then a router like the linksys that supports Universal Plug-and-Play should work automatically. You don't need to manually forward any ports.

Yahoo's messenger was able to transmit video through non-UPnP routers.