D&D Online

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Create, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Create

Create :free at last:

Free 7 day passes are floating around. If you know tabletop, well, the play follows the rules very well.

2. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

why?

3. dotcom

dotcom OT Supporter

I wanna try it but been hearing nothing but bad things.

4. Daria

Daria New Member

If you're into playing mmo's solo (which I'm not against, and believe it or not, people like to do it), then it's a horribly boring game. If you're interested in meeting new people and having adventures, it's actually really exciting.

I have played the game in beta and I was like..man this game really isn't all that unique. Pretty, but not all that exciting.

Then I bought the game in retail, and met this REALLY awesome group of people and played the game with them. I then fell in love with the game. After I got past the harbour and into the Marketplace, the game really took off. Money isn't that big of a deal and if you have friends, you can all trade eachother items that you find. Your character will be pimped in no time.

I generally just found that the way the game was designed, was not all item and competition-based like alot of games, but it just worked out so well if you wanted to have some good adventures with a group of friends.:)

5. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

The problem isn't that alot of us like to solo.

It's that it's hard to find a group to do anything.

And even if you find a group it's hard to get them to stay and do more then one mission.

6. Daria

Daria New Member

This is true, and I found this while I was beta-testing the game.

However, before the game went retail, I went searching for a guild of people who had similar gaming interests (for example, casual players) and I didn't have to search long before I found a guild. I tried two different guilds, and the second one was perfect. There was always people on, I got help when I needed it, and people would in fact, stick around with you for hours and do multiple dungeons with you. You just have to find the right people is all. It's a good game if you find a group of people you can be friends with.