GUN D.C. Approves New Gun Laws Prompted By Supreme Court Ruling

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by NEp8ntballer, Jul 27, 2008.

1. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

for those of you who are wondering, these are the hoops that you need to jump through to register your revolver:

http://www.nbc4.com/news/16893027/detail.html

I know I'm not TL1000Rcalamari

2. And there will be court cases dealing with this, and DC's new laws will be thrown out. Can we please stop making these pointless threads?

3. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

:wtf:

So you're allowed to have guns in your house for self defense, but they must be kept locked up and/or dissassembled unless "there is a reasonably perceived threat of immediate harm in the home"

Well that's just great. Let me tell that perceived threat to hold on for minute while I try to get the gun lock off. Politicians need to take some courses in common sense.

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Heller clearly covered this and clearly forbids this rule. DC is, not surprisingly, going to need to be forced to go along with the court kicking and screaming. I wouldn't expect to see this provision to be long lived.

5. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Aren't they breaking the law right now? They are directly contradicting the Supreme Court here.

Not to mention fingerprinting someone who wants to buy a handgun. I'd say thats some pretty solid infringement.

6. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

thats bullshit that they can continue to break the law and infringe on citizens rights. now if a citizen were to do something to break a law they'd snatch them up in a heartbeat and charge them with it

7. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Yep, they clearly stated the disassembly requirement was not constitutional, yet these fucktards are at it again. The only sad part, with as slow as cases move through the system, this could be on the books for a year or two after a new case is filed.

8. What did you people expect? The leftist demagogues in DC had their law struck down, and they'd all run out and join the NRA? It was clear they'd fight this all the way, and that's what they're doing. It's going to be a court battle every step of the way.

9. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I think that quite unlikely, a case for that would probably get a favorable decision in a lower court early on.

10. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

:rofl: heller specifically said forcing dissembling WAS UNCONSTITUTIONAL