GUN CZ75 B or Charles Daly HP?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Fire Sauce, May 23, 2008.

1. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

Which would you choose and why? I handled both of these at my local gun shop and were surprised at how well they fit my small hands. They both seem like rugged fighting pistols, and are both available in 9mm, which is the cartridge I would want to carry. The Daly comes with XS Express sights, which I like, but I could always just buy those anyway. And they're both sexy as hell. :naughty:

Thoughts?

2. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Go with the CZ, it's a all around better gun. More aftermarket parts, and more magazine capacity. I do not have much experience w/ charles Daly but their rep is not the greatest quality or reliability, but decently priced.

In terms of high powers in genneral I don't see what the hype is. On of my good squad mates was a high power fanatic and had several high powers set up for competition. Triggers sucked (long and heavy for single action), low magazine capacity, and it sheared locking lugs. I would make fun of him because he shoot light load ammo and it would shear barrels (seen 3 of them first hand about 10k-20k each). I would rip on him how it was known as a "high power" if it could not shoot hot ammo, light ammo broke the gun, and he had the least mag capacity of the squad?

Oh now the john moses freaking browning guys are going to jump all over me but I say the high power is garbage.

Get a CZ75sa w/ the competition trigger and hammer. Nice gun for competition or carry.

3. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

The ergos of the Hi-power are it's biggest selling point; It fit's my hand like few others. That being said, I've sold off most of my BHP's for CZ's.

CD Hi-Powers are Hungarian guns assembled by Magnum Research. Early ones were reputed as being shit. Later ones were supposedly decent values.

Here's a FEG gun (not CD, but close) I got in on trade recently. It's a light custom, and a notable improvement over stock.

[​IMG]

Like I said earlier, fuck all that shit, and pass the CZ. I'm giving this gun away tonight to a buddy returning home from Iraq....:)