GUN CZ O/U Mallard

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by GlobeGuy, Mar 5, 2009.

1. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Anyone own of these? What's your impression of these?

This line does not have auto eject, how important is it to have this?

2. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

My dad's got one, I think. IIRC, it's not made by CZ, but just has their name on it. Cheap gun, and not the highest quality, but it still is very nice IMO, and well worth the money. Shoots good, too.

3. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Ya, I think it's some company in Turkey ... something to the effect of Hul.. something.

What makes you say that it's not the highest quality? Is fitting bad between parts? Also how does double trigger on it work?

4. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

After looking up the Mallard model, I've come to the conclusion that his is a slightly different one, since it's a single trigger model. Still, his is a CZ, and it's fairly close to the Mallard.

And I remember him saying they were made in Turkey now that you mention it.

As for the quality, it's what I would expect for the price. It's not bad quality, at all, it's just not as intricate as you see some of these $1,000+ models (obviously). Everything on his has been flawless, and the only issue I can think of that it's had is that the stock has a hairline crack on each side right behind where it mounts to the action/receiver. It's a fairly new gun, with <100 rounds through it. It's nothing structural, but is something he's going to turn into warranty.

The non-auto eject is kind of a PITA, but it's not bad if you're just dicking around. The balance of his (20ga.) is AMAZING. The light weight and the way it pointed when I first put it to my shoulder was an instant :eek3:.

The thing I really liked on his was the single trigger setup. I'm sure it's like this on every other O/U, but his was the first I've ever messed with, so the feature was neat to me. That feature being the ability to select which barrel fires first; upon reseting the trigger, you pull the trigger to fire the other barrel. I never knew O/Uers did that and thought it was cool.

Anyways, I'd say they're worth it for the money.