GUN Cz 97b = Da/sa?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by shohan, Apr 30, 2004.

1. shohan

shohan New Member

I'm looking for a carry weapon and I'm not too worried about size. I've been looking on the internet, which is all I can do right now, and from what research I've done and aesthetics here's my list:

Sig P220 45 ST
    [​IMG]

Sig P226 ST
    [​IMG]
    (This is the same pic as the P220, but it is from the Sig site while the P220 pic is not so I'm guessing they look very similiar.)

Para CCW
    [​IMG]

Para Tac-s
    [​IMG]

CZ 97B
    [​IMG]

What is comes down to is I'd like a DA/SA in .45 (or .357 Sig in the case of the P226). My choice is also going to be determined obviously how each feels in my hand and if possible how each shoots. Anyone have any experience with any of these? I realize the Sigs and Paras are going to be pretty close to their respective "brother."

2. chiadog

chiadog Guest

yes it is tradition double action, but u can carry cocked and locked. hope u have a big hands, cuz u'll need it. double stack 45.
    paraord is DAO, not traditional double action.
    all these are steel framed guns. heavy = u wont carry everywhere. which defeats the purpose of carrying a gun.

3. areed89

areed89 New Member

Avoid paraord like it was sex with your sister. They're not worth the crappy metal they're made with....

4. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

Unless it's a LDA carry :kdubb:

5. areed89

areed89 New Member

Only people who can't properly operate a pistol talk about "kick" in a carry weapon. More is only better for people who don't put forth the effort to be able to hit with "bigger". People like that shouldn't carry anyway so STFU with stupid advice like that.

6. Platinum_Thunder

:bigthumb: :o

7. areed89

areed89 New Member

Kid, you're way the hell out of your league questioning anyone about practice especially me. It's very obvious with the statements you make that you probably don't practice at all. I will excuse you for wanting faster follow up shots, I forgot that :greddy: don't train enough to shoot fast with anything less than a vaginal pistol caliber. Instead of arguing the merits of .45 over 9mm I'll just call you out with a drill created by a well respected trainer.
    First you fold a regular piece of printer paper in half, then in half again, then attach it to a target. Stand with your vaginally chambered pistol at the five yard line and put the sights on the target. Next have your mother, or one of your other elementary school chums start the shot timer. On the start buzzer fire five rounds into the small piece of paper as fast as you can. Subtract the reaction time from the timer and when you can get the 5 hits in .68 or less I'll turn in my real gun for a 9mm. Make sure you video yourself doing the drill, remember I'm ignorant, I may not understand you without video.

It's cool with me if you want to talk a bunch of macho bullshit, but don't give advice to people:rant2: Also If you want to question my abilities with a pistol that's cool too, only because I know I can outdo you every time on demand. SMN doesn't know me, but I know who he is. I also know who his boss is, his boss and I just happen to share a very bald mentor. With one simple call SMN could confirm who I am, and what level I'm at. Talk all you want to talk, but not untill you put up.:nono:

8. Platinum_Thunder

I think this areed guy is full of bullshit.

9. Platinum_Thunder

I'm just kidding :love:

I shoot with him in real life and he's alright. IDPA master class isn't too bad :fawk:

10. areed89

areed89 New Member

Ammolab is a joke, as well as the creator David DiFabio. DiFabio has been outed as a fraud in so many circles that he has to associate with another fraud trainer to stay in the biz. I can be sure you don't practice because you speak like it's hard to hit a moving target with anything that has any punch. You didn't give that kid any real info, just told him to get something smaller and in 9mm so don't give me crap about how the idea is to suggest a good carry weapon because you didn't. I don't own "prepped" target pistols. I carry, and train with the same fighting pistol. I can be macho all I want because I'm mentally, and phisically prepared to dominate schoolkids like you regardless of caliber. If the idea here really is to give that kid some good info you should STFU and let qualified people give him the info, that counts you out. In fact, I think we should all be stopped from giving out anything less than hardware advice. If ShackleMeNot has the time, he should step forward and make everyone else take a back seat. This place can be downright dangerous to browse, as people who are seeking info, are getting it from shitweasels who don't have a proper background. That needs to stop ASAP.

11. Platinum_Thunder

I will out shoot both of you with the gun of god.

12. areed89

areed89 New Member

:Ownedd:

13. Platinum_Thunder

:love:

14. shohan

shohan New Member

:drama:

First, not all of those pisols were .45. The P226 is .357 Sig. And the way I figure things is that if you can't take someone down with 2, 3 shots max, then your doing something wrong. Its about shot placement not the number of shots. So a 7+1 or so plus an extra magazine is fine for my purpose. I have to say I'm tending to lean more toward Areed's mentality of a carry weapon. I would prefer to stay away from double stack magazine pistols.

Oh and just to say something. Just because someone isn't knowledgeable in firearms means they are a kid. Thanks everyone for their opinions and the advice, but lets stay on topic. What do you guys carry. I can respect any calibre if the shot is placed right. I guess I'm looking for more ergonomics, concealability, reliability, etc. I've been glancing at the SW99 or a HK USP-C as well.

Thanks guys (and gals if any have posted.)

15. Platinum_Thunder

:ugh:

16. Platinum_Thunder

For the love of Christ do not get a SW99. Get a Walther P99.

17. shohan

shohan New Member

I would absolutely prefer a Walther if it came in .45. I'm not too crazy about the .40SW, might as well go for the .45. Is there that much difference in the 2 pistols?

18. Platinum_Thunder

yes

19. shohan

shohan New Member

While "yes" is a perfectly qualified answer to my question perhaps some specifics of the differences of the 2 pistols could be listed? I really like the feel of the *99 grip. That is just holding it not including firing one.

I'm looking for suggestions and supportive reasons for those suggestions. At the time I cannot actually go out and find these pistols; so I have to go on experience, advice, and resort to the manufacturer's websites.

20. areed89

areed89 New Member

I should take back that it's obvious you don't practice, it seems you do, but don't develop skill from it. You speak of hitting moving targets, and doing things under stress like doing that succesfully is finding the holy grail. Those aren't the words of a well trained individual. Sure it's hard to hit any target under stress, let alone a moving target. I do not find it hard, probably because I've spent more time, and money than it takes to get a Bachelors degree to develop the skill. There is no logical debate with you because you're stuck at a medium skill level and seem to think that other people have the same problems as you do. Cops miss at seven yards and less because they aren't mentally or phisically prepared to do the task at hand. I agree with you that caliber is not a factor if you can't make hits. But you saying more is better is just the same, more isn't better if you're not making hits, it's a moot point. My original intent was not to tell him that the .45 is the only pistol round to use, my original intent was, and still is to tell you to STFU and not give people advice. I don't think I'm qualified to give much advice myself, but I know enough to say that you aren't. My original intent with my "macho" statements was to let you know that most real men can control, and fire a .45 very quickly. In fact, most people can shoot the .45 faster than the .9mm after they master proper mechanics. I carry a full sized 1911 every day in a Lou Alessi GWH. You daily carry a .380, that is bad. Carrying a 9mm would be adequate, assuming the proper skill to do the job, but the .380 isn't.

Again, I will state that my intent isn't to give the thread starter pistol advice, it's to get him to ignore yours.

21. shohan

shohan New Member

I'm actually enjoying this little battle between the two of you. Needless to say, though, that neither of you are helping me in any way, but please continue.

22. areed89

areed89 New Member

The only help you need from me is to understand that listening to the other guy isn't in your best interests. You were already on the right track.

23. Platinum_Thunder

Just trust me...Do some research and you will find I am right :)

24. shohan

shohan New Member

Hmmm...No offense to anyone but I think I'm going to just shoot some pistols and then make the decision on my own. You guys have provided an entertaining thread and I am sure you each know to the best of your knowledge what you call "the truth."

25. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Of those choices, i'd favor the P226. The grip on the P220 is thinner (due to it's "single stack" 8rd magazine) and doesn't fill my hand as comfortably as the "double stack" P226 does. Otherwise, you're right to assume they're identical guns.

My second choice would be the CZ97B.

Any of the calibers mentioned are excellent choices for a defensive/range shooter. 9mm, .40, .45, or .357 are the ways to go, but if you're just learning to shoot, i generally suggest starting with a 9mm.