GUN cz-82 for home defense?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cent, Aug 13, 2009.

1. cent

cent New Member

I'll keep this as short as I can. The city I live in over the past 10 years has started to have a population shift to a minority background as well as a general increase in population overall. So with that, comes more crime. I've noticed every 3 months or so a house gets burglarized in my area. Well last night the house at the end of the street was burglarized and the owner came home while the 2 criminals were inside, and they hit him several times before running off. I guess none of them were armed, but the victim had to be taken away by ambulance because his face got smashed in. Anyway, my girlfriend lives with me at home and is a homemaker raising her son, and I've got some rifles here, but she's 5'1, 95lbs, she's not strong enough to shoulder my m1 garand or SKS really. I have a CCL but keep my pistol with me/in the car. I have a C&R, so I'm thinking about ordering a cz-82 to keep in the house in case it gets broken into while I'm at work (i work 2 jobs). Do you think this would be a good idea, as in, is the cz-82 something you'd consider reliable enough for home defense? does the 9x18 Makarov round have enough stopping power. Is the gun too heavy for her? Anything else I need to know?

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

A 12ga shotgun with a youth stock, or even a 20 ga would be a far far better choice. Handguns suck. If you absolutely insist on having a handgun despite it being a poor choice, don't settle for anything less than 9mm.