GUN CZ 75B SA *pics*

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by johnson, May 28, 2008.

1. johnson

johnson New Member

Just picked it up today and here's my first thoughts. Feels great in the hand and points naturally for me. There is some creep in the trigger and it feels gritty. Im gonna dry fire a couple hundred times and take it to the range this Sunday. The sheet of paper that came with it regarding the accuracy is dissapointing. I can barely touch the slide lock lever with my thumb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

wrong thread

hot gun though

3. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Well I got a 75sa. first the stock trigger sucks. When I got the gun I knew it was going to suck. I also knew the trigger clean up real nice as my squadmate kory Charland has an amazing 75sa trigger. When I got mine I ran one mag through it then handed it off to kory. Kory is the man with CZ trigger in CA. I think his triggers are better than Angus. Angus even recomends kory to the california guys.

Regarding accuracy well what do you expect. I think CZ is at least honest about it. they have real people shoot the guns and say what it did. Most people would bullshit you and say it shoots 2" offhand at 25 yards. Whatever only thing that matters is what you shoot with your ammo. If your skills are lacking shoot off a rest or have somebody who you recognize as skilled shoot it. It's not like you got target sights, match trigger, match ammo, or a match barrel.

4. johnson

johnson New Member

Hmm, CZ Kadet kit or trigger work...

How much did Kory charge? It was mentioned that I should get an action job + competition hammer in the other thread. Anything else?

Are you able to cock back the hammer one handed?

5. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

moar info about this Kory guy?

6. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Kory is a master class uspsa production shooter. He does CZ work on the side. I got a friend price but I think he charges $150 including parts. He doesn't have a FFL so he mostly does triggers for the local guys here.

7. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

yeah my hammer cocks very easily. the trigger is also super short breaks at 2lbs though it feels like 1 lbs.

My cz is the fastest pistol I own, but my glock is more consistent, accurate, and has more capacity.

8. johnson

johnson New Member

Maybe it's just my short thumbs. I cannot cock the hammer back one handed without using my other hand in either normal two handed grip or holding the muzzle end.

Also noticing that this firing pin pokes holes in my A-Zoom snap caps. I mean holes like you were using a push pin. I dont have this "problem" with my SIG P229R or H&K P2000SK. At first I just thought it was the cheap snap caps that were included from the factory (one plastic bullet and a handful of replaceable primers).

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  9. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

even with the sp01 mags I get more in a glock mag. The CZ grip is very ergonomic because it's slim. This hurts capacity. The glock is blocky because it has the highest capacity. In a 140mm mag for my gun games. In the glock I get 23 in 9mm in the CZ I get 20.

10. Calhoun Burns

Calhoun Burns ...and the gunslinger followed.

11. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Oh I also got the light hammer spring in my gun. That probably makes a difference.

12. s2k

s2k OT Supporter

so SA means that the gun won't fire with one in the chamber unless you cock the hammer with your thumb?

how do you de-cock it?

13. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

it's single action. To "decock", drop the mag, rack the round out of the chamber, confirm gun is empty, drop the slide, pull the trigger.

If you wanted to lower the hammer on a live round for whatever reason (remember this is a single action so you would have to manually cock the hammer to fire in condition 2) You can gently lower the hammer by hand while simultaneously pulling the trigger, and pointing the gun in a safe direction.

14. johnson

johnson New Member

I havent tried it but this is what's in the manual.

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  15. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

In USPSA production and the CZ75b (DA/SA) your required to start with hammer down (for double action guns). Since many people don't have decockers they manually lower their hammers all the time. This might actually be safer as I have seen one instance where the decocker failed and the gun fired.

Manually lowering the hammer is not a big deal as long as your paying attention, know what your doing and pointing the gun in a safe direction.

Now on a single action gun I don't see any reason why you would want to put the gun in condition 2 (loaded chamber hammer down). Either have it condition 1 (loaded, cocked, and locked) or have the gun empty (empty chamber, no mag, hammer down, condition 4)

16. s2k

s2k OT Supporter

why not loaded chamber hammer down?

17. johnson

johnson New Member

Because it's a single action.

18. s2k

s2k OT Supporter

and what does that means?

19. johnson

johnson New Member

The hammer needs to be cocked back for the to fire. I havent tried to do it yet but I'm not sure how the gun would still be ready to fire if the hammer wasnt cocked like it says in the manual.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigger_(firearms)

20. s2k

s2k OT Supporter

ok cool, play around with it and let us know what u find

21. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Well because it's stupid. The gun will not fire in condition 2 by pulling the trigger because it's single action. You would have to manually thumb the hammer which is not the easiest thing to do especially when under stress.

22. johnson

johnson New Member

Im tempted to take off a few hours early from work tomorrow and go to the range.

Playing around with the camera. I should position it so the model number shows up better. The target in the pic is from shooting a G26 a few weeks ago.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  23. s2k

s2k OT Supporter

so the single action mechanism can be use as an additional safety method? since the gun will not fire if the hammer is not cocked....amirite?

24. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I don't know. It should be OK to dry fire the CZ 75. The only thing that could get damaged over time (and I mean a long time) is the firing pin stop/block (the B in CZ 75b). The firing pin stop is removed from my gun anyway. I did forget to mention this is a pretty standard modification on CZ trigger jobs. You do lose your drop safety but this would only usually be a concern if the gun fell perfectly muzzle down.

The colt 70 series and I believe what they call the kimber series 1 also don't have firing pin stops. So the CZ 75 with stop removed would be similar to them. The 80 series and kimber series 2 have stops but again this is usually removed with a trigger job.

That being said many competition pistols have the firing pin blocks removed and I never had a problem with this. Now some people removed the safety plunger in a glock for the same reason for their trigger jobs. For some reason that does freak me out. To let you know I run the safety plungers on my glocks. I reason the safety plunger also holds the extractor in. I must add that the company that I work for (which makes it's living on glock triggers) recomends you do not disable any of the glock safeties.

So damn yar who typed a novel again stands corrected. Maybe you should manaually lower the hammer on a CZ due to the firing pin block/stop. Also use snap caps for dry fire.

25. johnson

johnson New Member

Shot it today at the range and kinda dissapointed. Pics in a little bit. I cant stand the travel after the sear engagement. It was causing me not to shoot like I'm able to. A guy next to be brought his brand new H&K USP 45 Tactical that he bought for $1100 from Denny's Guns and I got to shoot a few magazines with it. 5 shot groups were size of a nickel or smaller at 7 yards (looked like one hole) and is the most accurate gun ive shot. He also had a 10/22 with a bull barrel and an EOTECH but I didnt have time to shoot it. That red dot looked pretty nice.

Another guy brought his AR15 with a 10" barrel and that thing was shaking my booth which was 2 down from his. :eek3:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008