SRS cyclical ennui

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by macbook bro, Jul 9, 2008.

1. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

i've posted about this before i think, but i had been on a really good streak of a few months of feeling pretty awesome in general, and now i just have this wave of really intense ennui. i don't care about anything, my interests dont really interest me, everything seems pointless, is there a name for this?

2. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

So you get bored every now and then, that's hardly abnormal I think.

What you describe is more like avolition, which could be from depression, if you go from being this way to rather excited or manic in a way then it could be you are bipolar.

I'd talk to a doctor if it's actually a concern for you.

3. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

i definitely have manic periods as well, its just not a like one then the other thing, theres usually just regular normal periods in there too

its not just that i'm bored, its like, i don't know, like nothing is possibly interesting to me

4. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

I'm not totally familiar with how being bipolar works, however going from mania to depressing with neutral periods in between could possibly be how it works, I don't believe I am bipolar, nor have I looked into it extensively so I am not totally sure. :dunno:

As for not caring, that is possibly a sign of depression. Like I said you may want to hit up a doctor and ask them some questions, odds are you wont care if or when you hit a mania episode so now is better than later. This is assuming you are bipolar though.

I'm sure someone else will chime in with some input, this is just my opinion.

5. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

not even that, i wont care when i hit a "normal" period, i just think its strange that i have such profound swings in mood, i have always been able to ride it out without anything fucked up happening, but, i just want to know what the hell is going on with me, i dont think theres anything that can be done about it (medication seems like overkill since it only happens every [random ammount of time])