Cutting...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by antihero, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

How many pounds should i be aiming for per week, assuming id rather take a little more time to cut then lose any more muscle then is abolutely necesary... is 3 pounds a week reasonable?

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

Weight should be a secondary worry. The mirror and bf readings should be your keys.

3lbs a week isn't reasonable, you'll be burning a lot of muscle. Start at 500 cals below maintenence and adjust from there.

3. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

just did the math.. 3 pounds of fat a week = 10.5k calorie weekly deficit. -1500 calories a day... :ugh:

-500 calories a day + averaging 125 C burned on cardio = -625 calories a day = 4375 calories a week = 1.25 pounds of fat lost a week.

does that sound reasonable?

so at 215# 18% bf 38.7# fat 176lean mass.

202# 12% bf 24.3# fat 176 lean mass.

14.4 pounds of fat loss. / 1.25 pounds a week = 11.52 weeks...

So im looking at 3 months? :hs: faaawk.

edit: im pretty sure im guessing on the high side with 18%, but still :wtc:

and that will put me right at 200# at 12%bf and 6'3...

4. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

cal readings on cardio machines aren't accurate. no one said this shit is easy.

And you eventually increase the amount of cals below maintenence. You should do some reasearch on the subject, its been beaten to death on this forum and there is lots of good info around

And all of the math you did is assuming you are strict 24/7 for the entire time... which most people aren't.

5. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

hmm.. this is interesting. been hardcore dieting for one week, taking oldschool xenadrine RFA1, lots of cardio.

I started at 215 a week ago. I weighed in last night at 210. noon today i weighed in at 208 on an empty stomach. Is the xenadrine dehydrating me? I even went to the bar last night and was drinking water instead of booze, so i know i shouldnt be that dried out.

6. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

If you're eating less carbs, you have less glycogen and hold less water (1g of glycogen = 3 g of water). you could lose 6-8 lbs in the first week without losing fat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.