SRS Cutting

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Hootahz314, May 13, 2005.

1. Hootahz314

Hootahz314 I have daddy issues

I have an issue with cutting. I know I need help and for a 25 year old woman to cut herself is really fucked up I know but Goddamnit I cannot fucking stop myself. Before I realize what I am doing I am cutting my arm or leg or stomach or whatever I can reach to cut. I've done it to the creases between all of my fingers and toes and while yes it hurts, its also a fucking release. My doctor recommended getting a tattoo or getting something pierced to alleviate some of my self destructive ways, this is after 3 hospital stays for a week or more and 3 years of counselling. Every other aspect of my life is ok except for my mental illness and this cutting bullshit. After I am done I feel stupid but I continue to do it again. I have to hide this from my son and my husband and let me tell you, its hard as fuck to do, especially when my husband sees me naked and notices hundreds of tiny to large cuts all over me. I need help bad and the hospital is only a hurdle to jump through until I can get home and to the nearest sharp object. I fucking hate myself so much right now. I just cut myself 35 times about a half an hour ago and I can't stop crying. It hurts so bad.

2. BBQ Monster

BBQ Monster New Member

My friend has a problem with cutting. She cuts when she is upset or depressed. You need to find away to relax and try to think of ways to get rid of some of the stress you have. The reason she cuts is because it makes her feel better. But, I told her that one day she is going to cut the wrong spot and she is going to end up getting badly hurt. You cannot destroy your body because you are having problems. Take your anguish out on something else. My brother likes to line up bottles and shoot em. But, that worries me how he goes about it, but it releases his pain. I hope everything works out with you. Cutting is very serious, and maybe you can work through yourself and talk to people you trust about your problem so you can get some closure and some help at the same time.

3. Hootahz314

Hootahz314 I have daddy issues

I don't just do it when I am upset, I do it if I get overly happy or depressed or anxious..its a horrible thing yeah, and God I wish I could just stop. I swear I would rather have a hidden drug issue rather than permanently scar my body. My husband is supportive and I want for him to not have to worry about me because he is my life and after last night I decided that I am going to call my doctor today and see if she will help me. So far she hasn't been much help though.

4. BBQ Monster

BBQ Monster New Member

I agree with Fotenks. You don't want to keep cutting because you could end up hurting yourself realy bad. And, just keep your chin up. Maybe someone else on here cuts or use to and can give you advice.

5. Kix

Kix Jailbait tested, Milf approved

I still have some problems with it, but the best ways ive found to deal with it is to snap yourself with a rubber band. you can do places like your thighs or your wrists where it really stings. If you do it to hard you will get bad welts but thats better than cuts and scars imo. The other thing that i have tried but wasnt a fan of was to take a bucket of ice water, stick your hand in and keep it in there, that shit hurts pretty bad but eventually you cant feel it. If you want more ideas im sure i can come up with some so PM me.

6. Zaltana

Zaltana Guest

although your cutting in not so fatal places, please think of your child every time you do this and what would happen to your child if you accidentally made a fatal cut.
    If you feel the urge to cut, take off and take a jog or power walk and work through that emotional level. If your extremely happy and the urge comes, do the happy dance, eat something sinful, if your emotions is anger or hurt to the eat something nasty trick.
    You need a release and you need to replace the cutting, train your brain to make the switch.
    Reward yourself when you do not cut yourself. You know your husband likely feels your pain to some extent, put your self in his shoes and picture what he feels and sees. Stop for the sake of the other special people in your life if you can't stop for yourself.

7. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

Definitely seek out counseling. If not for yourself, do it for your husband and child. Seriously.

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Imagine you are in a difficult situation and you are locked up in a room, what would help better , cutting yourself , or a key to get out? What you need to do is to re-direct the energy you are using for your cutting into actually solving the problem. You see a problem will remain a problem till the end of time ,until you get up and actually fix it. THE RIGHT APPROUCH is needed for your problem solving. This requires logica, as every problem is actually like a puzzle that has to be solved which is the key to unlock the door and leave the problem behind. Cutting yourself will NOT EVER bring a solution. So re-direct your energy and invest it to solve the 'actual' problems you are having in your life. Most important ,Be a helping and loving person in order to become happy in your life.

9. I have nothing further to add to this except that cutting is a manifestation of mental health problems, not a negative reflection on you as a person or your ability to control the behavior. I wouldn't judge someone who cuts themselves anymore than I would someone who has be molested and thus has trust issues.

Society might judge - but that's unwise.

10. Do a search on "cutting" in Asylum and you'll find I've written a lot about this topic. Also you can read the posts I made in this thread HERE

11. {WBK}Blood_Lust

{WBK}Blood_Lust New Member

12. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

not in the asylum noob.. take stupid antics to the main forum.

:gtfo:

13. Amanda Renee

Amanda Renee New Member

my friend had a problem with cutting. for month bc i was so oblivous to it i didnt even put two and two together when i saw the cuts on her wrists. i didnt know what to do..other than try to help her and talk about it. each time she gets upset though i have to go to her to make sure she doesnt do anything stupid. its a serious problem and could be deadly. just think of your family.. think of what it could do to your son and your husband if you werent there for them. good luck though. and if you need any help not that you know me.. but it helps to talk to anyone. i would be more than willing to help in any way.