MIL cutting scores

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by usmcdevil, Sep 6, 2007.

1. usmcdevil

usmcdevil wouldnt you like to know

is there a maximum cutting score? im new to this whole thing and just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the subject. ive searched on the web for information about it but havent really found anything useful

2. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

you can "max yourself out" as in... get a 300 pft, expert qual on the range, and max out your education points (MCI's college etc). After that, you just wait each quarter for your cutting score for your MOS to drop so that you surpass it and pick up. There are little things like getting a referral for someone in the DEP program that will give you a few extra points. Shit like that. Sometimes the Corps just takes away a cutting score from an MOS completely so it is impossible to pick up. I know a lot of admin bubbas are like this all the time so you'll have a lot of LCPL's on a job. It's more on the reservist side than anything. My advice to you is to become a tool and suck as much dick as possible to get yourself meritoriously promoted.

3. Twisted STi

Twisted STi All wheel or no wheel OT Supporter

quickest way to do it

4. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

you can also try to go to Recruiters Assistance and sucker some people into joining ... if the recruiter isnt a total asshole he'll give you the credit but mostly likely they are struggling to meet mission so good luck with that ... u can get 100 points this way

5. OkiDiver

OkiDiver New Member

I'm about to reenlist into a MOS with a higher Sgt cutting score/constantly closed out than my current one. Kinda sucks but the bonus will even it out...theres only so much you can do once you get your rifle score/pft/mcis up and have good pros and cons.

6. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

It all depends on your MOS, I picked up Cpl at around 1800 for a cutting score. some MOS' , you'll pick up around 1100-1200

7. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Mine usually goes in floods.

8. usmcdevil

usmcdevil wouldnt you like to know

ahh ok thank you