A&P Customer contracts - anyone?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Ty Webb, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Ty Webb

Ty Webb You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia

I am looking for some contract samples for weddings and other large dollar photography gigs.

Do you basically just type out what is going to be done, the criteria, price, down payment, what they will get and have them sign along with you? What else goes into these?

How in depth do these need to be?

I'm branching out on my own now as I have a number of people who want to sign me on for 2010 and need to get some contracts in order.

2. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

congrats on taking the next step Nicholas. I always like your work

:hug:

3. Ty Webb

Thank you, sir!

4. Girth

Girth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OT Supporter

are you talking weddings? I have mine I could send you if you like... just change the names on it.

5. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

My standard event contract. Typically for corporate events, and alike...
    celebrity appearances and wedding have more custom contracts, catered to the type of event and what the needs are and also includes the break down of the pricing structure.

6. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

My wedding contract runs five pages. You need one to protect yourself. Feel free to use it and alter as you see fit.

WEDDING CONTRACT

Date of the Wedding: Time:

Location(s):

The Leading Players:

Bride’s Full Name:

Grooms Full Name:

Current Home Address:

Point Of Contacts Name:

Email:

Day Phone;

Evening Phone:

Cell phone:

The Wedding Schedule

Bride Arrives at Church/Hairdresser
    Time:

Ceremony starts at:

Ceremony Finishes at: (Approx)

The Reception

Reception Start Time:

Reception End Time:

Reception Business Name:

Reception address:

Directions: (if needed)

Terms and Conditions of this Contract:

ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement contains the entire understanding between Jim Colman Photography (otherwise called “the Photographer” and/or “Jim Colman” and the above named Bride and Groom. It supersedes all prior and simultaneous agreements between the parties in both verbal and written communication.

RESERVATION / DEPOSIT: A signed contract and reservation fee are required to reserve the specified coverage. The financial terms of this agreement are explained further on. Failure to provide a reservation fee nulls and voids this contract.

COOPERATIVE SPIRIT: Both parties agree that the cooperation and communication for the best possible result within the definition of this assignment is the paramount consideration. Thus decisions are restricted to the Bride and the Photographer. Simply put: Jim Colman is the sole PHOTOGRAPHER for the time allocated and any other terms agreed to in this document. The BRIDE is the sole decision maker at the Wedding, regardless of who is writing the check, advisory boards, in-laws, passers-by, inebriated authority figures and former politicians.

• If applicable, the bride and or groom agree to set aside enough time before the ceremony to allow Jim Colman to complete pre-wedding ceremony photographs.
    • In addition: To allow Jim Colman 30 minutes of time after the wedding ceremony to gather people for photographs that could not be obtained during or before the wedding.
    • If the bride or groom is late to the point of achieving the desired images from
    being taken, Jim Colman shall not be held liable for lack of time to take desired photographs.

DESIGNATED APPOINTEE: We recommend that a designated appointee be assigned the duties to assist the photographer to point out important individuals for formal or candid photographs. Jim Colman is not responsible for individual’s failure to appear or cooperate during photography sessions or for missed images due to details not planned or due to unusual circumstances.

DIGITAL COPYRIGHTS, ARTISTIC PROPERTY: Final payment for services
    rendered determines the release of the disc and photographs of the Wedding to the Bride and Groom. Prior to final payment, all photographs remain the property of Jim Colman.
    Upon final payment by the Bride and Groom:
    • The digital CD-ROM or DVD then becomes the property of the Wedding couple
    for their personal use and for the purpose of reproduction of said imagery for
    dispersal to relatives and friends. Images may be used on personal web sites. An acknowledgement to the Photographer is requested and appreciated.

START / STOP TIMES: The photography schedule and selected locations, and participation pre-discussed is designed to accomplish the goals and wishes of the Bride and Groom in a manner enjoyed by all parties. It is not uncommon for weddings and receptions to go longer. Jim Colman does allow a reasonable overage of time limits up to a half hour (30 minutes). However due to the nature of weddings, If the ceremony and/or reception is running long and the Bride wishes for the Photographer to stay beyond the agreed upon time limit, the Bride agrees to pay the Photographer an additional $200/hr. Allowances are made for unusual or catastrophic weather, personal injury, unforeseen circumstances or acts of God

CHURCH, RECEPTION, and CATERING HALL RULES: The photographer is limited by the guidelines of ceremony official or reception site management. The Bride and Groom agree to accept the technical results of their imposition on the photographer. Negotiation with the officials for moderation, changes or adjustments of certain guidelines is the responsibility of the Bride and the Photographer. Jim Colman is to be notified of any changes.

INITIAL SITE VISIT/MILEAGE FEES: I do not charge for visits for Pre-Event consultation if the venue is within 25 miles of my residence in North Raleigh. Mileage over and above 25 miles one way is charged at the rate of $.50/per mile. This same rate is billed for the wedding and/or reception as well. In other words, any mileage over and above 50 miles round trip from North Raleigh is billed at $.50/per mile.

EXHIBITION: The bride and groom allow Jim Colman to exhibit in any manner of his choosing, prints or digital imagery of selected images resulting from this assignment as an example of his work, for entrance into photographic competitions and to use as sample for other Bridal Photographic opportunities.

ARTISTIC IMAGERY: I may choose to alter a photograph to produce a unique photo or artistry at my discretion. However, I will retain a copy of the original photograph in my files.

LIMITS OF LIABILITY: It is further understood that in the unlikely event that the
    Photographer is injured or becomes too ill to photograph the event; Jim Colman will make a reasonable effort to locate a suitable replacement photographer.
    • If the situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability of Jim Colman is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package.
    • Jim Colman takes the utmost care and with respect to the delivered product. However, if the compact disc/ CD-ROM / DVD /or other digital media containing the photographs have been lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed for reasons beyond Jim Colman’s control, during or after the wedding, liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package. Jim Colman will back up all of the photographs onto two different digital storage media devices of his choosing within 24 hours of the wedding. However, long-term storage of all the photographs shall remain the responsibility of the Bride and Groom once the photos are delivered to them.

SECURITY DEPOSITS: In the event of cancellation:
    • The security deposit in the amount of one half (1/2) the package price paid is non-refundable.
    • If another wedding is contracted for that date the deposit may be refunded by
    Jim Colman if the reasons for cancellation are substantial and verified.
    • This holds true for CHANGE OF DATES: If the agreed date is problematic and
    another date is available there is no problem. If there is a conflict the deposit is
    NOT REFUNDED.

FEES: Prior to the conclusion of the Wedding the Photographer will be paid in full for services rendered unless other agreements have been made.
    • Processing of the images should be completed approximately
    two (2) weeks after event. However during the peak wedding season, the processing may take longer.
    The final images in full resolution and duplicate images in web size resolution will then be provided to the Bride and Groom on a data DVD.
    • Album design and creation, prints and other items produced under this contract may take up to eight (8) weeks or more to complete.
    • Album creation, enlargements, or other items produced outside the assignment, which are not included in this package, may be negotiated separately.
    • Any special shipping costs will be paid for by the client.

DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES/RATE:
    (write the package/amount requested)

• PACKAGE PRICE: $_____________

Sales tax @ 7.75%: $ __________

SUB TOTAL: $_______________

• TRAVEL FEE? $_________________

TOTAL: $_______________________

Addendum or changes to packages or terms:

Client: ________________________________

Photographer:__________________________
    Date:

Please sign and return to:
    Jim Colman Photography
    address

7. Girth

mine's about the same. :dunno:

8. Ty Webb

Yep. I have 3 people who have confirmed they want me. I just need to throw together the contracts. :)

Thanks for all these, guys! Great friggin' info!

9. Girth

Check your PMs. When you get it, all you have to do is change my info to your info, and when you quote something, just fill out the blue numbers. It'll do the rest for you. ;)

10. Ty Webb

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
    That is so badass!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  11. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

12. Tonster MBA

Tonster MBA OT'r of the Year 2013 OT Supporter

COVER EVERYTHING - I used girth's contract and added some things to my liking because I want the contract to cover specific details.

13. Wheezer

Wheezer OT Supporter